International Dental Student Transfer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Meylina

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I went to Dental School in the Dominican Republic and did not complete the program, I used WES to evaluate my transcripts and it said I have 4.5 out of 5 years completed from an accredited dental school. Anyone know how I could continue my dental education here in the USA? I am a citizen, Going back to finish dental school in DR is not an option, even if it would be the ideal. Anyone who had been in a somewhat similar situation?

Members don't see this ad.

Most advanced standing DDS program require having a Degree prior to application. You will have to contact each dental school to ask if they can help you transfer. Most probably you will start as freshman.

Reactions: 1 user
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you'll more than likely have to go back to complete your schooling in the DR, take the NBDE's, take the TOEFL, and apply through one of the various IDP or residency programs here to practice. Your other option might be to apply to a University in the US and start from scratch filling the prerequisites to apply to Dental School as a normal student.