International from US college applying to dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fit2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey!

I was wondering about internationals that applied for a a4 year DMD in the US.

What was your approach to picking schools? Anyone have specific experiences? GPA/DAT/EC's?
Where did you apply/ how many interviews did you get? Usually how many acceptances?

Thx a lot!!

Members don't see this ad.

Quite a few international students at my school. 12 from the international dentist program and around 5 overseas (Kuwait) studying in my class.

Quite a few international students at my school. 12 from the international dentist program and around 5 overseas (Kuwait) studying in my class.
What schools you going to?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know UIC takes a good amount of international students, I'm sure they have minimum score for the Toefl but I'm not sure how they look at NBDE I and II.

Reactions: 1 user
I know UIC takes a good amount of international students, I'm sure they have minimum score for the Toefl but I'm not sure how they look at NBDE I and II.
This Is for the 2 year program?
I'm thinking about 4 year program and sadly UIC doesn't accept internationals in their 4 year program :(

Hi fit2,

I was in your shoes few years ago. From my understanding only Harvard dental school, North Carolina dental school at chapel hill and I believe a university in Florida will consider your case for a 4DMD program but then you have to take DAT and your GPA has to be competitive. I literally called ALL dental schools and these three were the only ones that'll consider your situation. Try to call the schools you are interested in and see if anything changed. Best of Luck!!!

Reactions: 1 user