International Linkage Programs; UQ Oschner & Atlantic Bridge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Doalot

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am applying for the 2022 cycle & I heard about these two programs for American students. Can someone please give me information on these programs. Is it easy to get residencies via these programs? Because according to what I read your an IMG if you graduate from there. But as an IMG are you on the same level as a Caribbean graduate? I am looking at these programs as a back up option.

Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Better than carrib but DO or US MD would be better.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied to both -- PM me and I'll be happy to share my thoughts!

Reactions: 1 users
Atlantic Bridge is okay but it doesn't seem to match super well if you're interested in anything at all competitive. I don't know a ton about it though.

I'm a current UQ-Ochsner student. Students are able to match very well (see here: https://ochsner.uq.edu.au/files/5960/Class of 2020 Match Results.pdf), and in my opinion this program is a bit of a sleeper and will get much more competitive over time if it continues to match well. The things sort of holding it back are the need to be in Australia for 2 years and the fact that it's off-cycle compared to US schools.

If I were you, I would focus on US schools for now and do your best to get secondaries in early and do them well. If your cycle goes well, that's great, go with a US school. If not, December/January is a great time to apply to UQ-Ochsner for the following year.

Reactions: 1 users