International Pharm D people are able to apply for licence exam in usa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

karik

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello guys , i have confusion.
In nova south eastern college, i applied for Doctorate pharmacy program .
which is three years program but is it help to practice in USA?
i hared that international D pharmacy degree dose not mean you are eligible to get license in USA.
I do not know it is right or it is just rumor. help me with brief reference.
thanks
Karik

Members don't see this ad.

You applied to Nova Int'l PharmD Program, and you don't know whether it gives you permission to work as a pharmacist in the US? :confused:

As far as I know, most states in the US allow international pharmacists to become licensed in the US once they earn a US PharmD degree, fulfill their internship hours and pass NAPLEX. You'll have to figure out though, if the state that you want to work in lets non-US citizens get a pharmacist license.

It's ultimately the decision of that particular state. I don't know if you have a visa to just be here as a student or if you have applied for citizenship, but I would bet that has a lot to do with your status. I would contact the board of pharmacy for the state you are attending school and any other states you are considering working in because each one will have different rules.