International placement suggestions

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by mac_kin, Jun 13, 2008.

1. mac_kin

mac_kin Senior Member

Post Doc
    In about 10 months time I will have the opportunity to do an international placement in physical therapy, in a hospital or community clinic. I'm very excited but the catch is that us students have to make arrangements with a particular site or local university to set up the placement.

I've been thinking of several cities which I would like to visit such as London or Sydney. I'm wondering if any of you, who have travelled, volunteered, or worked in hospitals/health clinics around the world could throw out some suggestions. I'm very open. I want to see a small piece of this world! It does not have to be a developed country either.

Please share any hospitals/cities/international health-oriented schools which you have had positive experiences!

I'm a PT student but figured many of you future docs may already have had an international work/volunteer experience or are looking for one, so you may have some advice!

Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.