International Rotation (Italy)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

holyravioli

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not quite at the stage of rotations yet (I'm a 2nd year) but I'm trying to start thinking about 4th year elective rotations as I really want to do at least one rotation in Italy.

My school is new-ish, so we don't exactly have established rotations with another university abroad. So I was wondering if anyone had any tips for planning an independent rotation like this, such as foreign universities friendly to American osteopathic students, or if you know if your school has accepted outside students to an international rotation before.

Members don't see this ad.

My school is fairly new too but I think some have rotated internationally.
I don't really get why you would but to but whatever floats your boat. Sorry no help.

These international rotations are overrated.

Just do some 6-8 weeks with a preceptor and take 5-7 wks off especially if the preceptor is chill with it.

I'm currently with a preceptor where he literally tells me that he gives 4th yr students who do an elective with him all wks off for interviews and vacation.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Make sure your school is ok with you setting up your own international rotations. Some schools only let you do international rotations that the school set up...

These international rotations are overrated.

Just do some 6-8 weeks with a preceptor and take 5-7 wks off especially if the preceptor is chill with it.

I'm currently with a preceptor where he literally tells me that he gives 4th yr students who do an elective with him all wks off for interviews and vacation.

what kind of an elective is that?

You guys will find out on the bone wizardry ward during 3rd yr on the real chill preceptors that tell you to take half day off everyday and a almost three or four day weekend off to spend time with your family.

You guys will find out on the bone wizardry ward during 3rd yr on the real chill preceptors that tell you to take half day off everyday and a almost three or four day weekend off to spend time with your family.

Dear God... I think I drooled a little haha. Wait.. bones. Radiology? OMM?