offered 3 week audition rotation and unsure whether to take it.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

imatarheel

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

I recently got approved for a sub surgical sub I and was given a date range that doesn't work with my school's schedule.

I emailed the coordinator and was offered a date range that is 3 weeks long to help offset the scheduling issue (I would have to take a one-week vacation, but that is fine).
On one hand, I like how they were lenient and worked with me to help me out. On the other hand, I'm worried it might be a waste of an audition because its only 3 weeks. Am I being neurotic?



Thank you!
 
Hey guys,

I recently got approved for a sub surgical sub I and was given a date range that doesn't work with my school's schedule.

I emailed the coordinator and was offered a date range that is 3 weeks long to help offset the scheduling issue (I would have to take a one-week vacation, but that is fine).
On one hand, I like how they were lenient and worked with me to help me out. On the other hand, I'm worried it might be a waste of an audition because its only 3 weeks. Am I being neurotic?



Thank you!

I assume Ortho at a DO program. 3 weeks is better than 2 weeks. And it definitely opens the door and get your foot in. I would take it if you have no other options. Especially if it’s at a program that restricts the number of rotators.