International Student for DDS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

howardyuan18

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an international student and have a BS in biological science from the U.S.

Are there any schools are accept international students for their 4 year DDS/DMD programs? I am not asking about the Advance/foreign trained dentist programs

And can I take the boards after I graduate?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am an international student and have a BS in biological science from the U.S.

Are there any schools are accept international students for their 4 year DDS/DMD programs? I am not asking about the Advance/foreign trained dentist programs

And can I take the boards after I graduate?

Thanks
Think most schools take on international students for DDS/DMD.

You will take the boards w/ the domestic students.

Think most schools take on international students for DDS/DMD.

You will take the boards w/ the domestic students.

That's what I first thought...
But I did receive quite a decent amount of rejections from schools saying they are NOT currently accepting international students. And they did not mention anything on their websites...

Members don't see this ad :)
That's what I first thought...
But I did receive quite a decent amount of rejections from schools saying they are NOT currently accepting international students. And they did not mention anything on their websites...
Strange! Maybe they thought you were a dentist already and are asking about 2/3 year programs?:confused:
Maybe you could clarify. Just a thought

Strange! Maybe they thought you were a dentist already and are asking about 2/3 year programs?:confused:
Maybe you could clarify. Just a thought

Not a chance? since I applied thru the AADSAS ...

I was just told by someone from USC that even if I got into their program I have to sign some wavier stating that I WONT practice in the U.S... Is that true?

Hi,
I am sure you guys are probably close to this than I am but with a 3 or 4 yr college degree + DAT + TOEFL, you should be able to apply to the various DDS/DMD programs that many US universities offer.
I am not positive on whether you need a GRE or not.
Good luck :)

I was just told by someone from USC that even if I got into their program I have to sign some wavier stating that I WONT practice in the U.S... Is that true?
This is a new one on me.
Swear I have heard of no such thing.

I would imagine it's the other way around...they make you sign that you would not practice anywhere but US...:) why in the world would they want to train you and ship you out of the country?! the biggest reason the have against international students is that they might leave after they get their degrees....
OP: how many school did you apply to? What schools? what are your stats if you don't mind? what's your country of residence? i'm in the same boat...im an international but have an American BA in biology...i'm applying this year for the first time, but i have my hopes up...and you really don't need GRE or TOEFL if you studied in US....you're assumed already proficient in English....

:)Hi,
Well I did my BDS from India and am into MPH at present. i gt a 113 in TOEFL and 1250 IN GRE.
Can I give the DAT and get enrolled in a 4 yr course?
( I am going to apply for advanced standing after appearing for NBDE, but just in case i Dont get selected there, I dint wana take chances in losing out a year).
What would you suggest is this possible and any suggestions for such univ?!
Thanx fr any help.

I thought about doing this one year ago. I called and emailed most of the schools. most of them said I can't do it as i have to have Bachelor form the States. 5 or 6 schools said it's ok and i can apply but it will be harder than getting in the advanced standing program. So my advice is to keep trying with the advanced standing programs.

Thank you very much for the info! I will surely divert all my attention to the nbde now.
Thanks once again

hey can u guys let me know abt BS in biological science?