International student looking at clinical psychology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KKint

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi

First of all , i must thank all the active members of this network , for providing every kind of information , where ever required .

I am final yr student of psychology masters from India, like me many of my friends who wish to apply to USA have tried best best to understand the dichotomy of Psy .D and Phd . But the second issue that we are still un aware is about the universities , providing theses courses , for example some of my friends at EMU(eastern michigan university) doing other courses , told me how the Phd at EMU is fully funded , which really impressed me and made me check out the web site for the same , the course is accrediated by APA but when i tried checking out the rating for the university , it was no where to be seen

please provide inputs :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

hi

First of all , i must thank all the active members of this network , for providing every kind of information , where ever required .

I am final yr student of psychology masters from India, like me many of my friends who wish to apply to USA have tried best best to understand the dichotomy of Psy .D and Phd . But the second issue that we are still un aware is about the universities , providing theses courses , for example some of my friends at EMU(eastern michigan university) doing other courses , told me how the Phd at EMU is fully funded , which really impressed me and made me check out the web site for the same , the course is accrediated by APA but when i tried checking out the rating for the university , it was no where to be seen

please provide inputs :oops:

Many Ph.D. programs provide partial or full funding. However, your situation is also going to be complicated by being a non-U.S. citizen. Funding may not be available to you at many programs.

EMU is a good program; I interviewed there. But don't look at rating, look at research match, clinical training match, and internship placement rates.