1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

International student med school admission? (FULL)

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by niksem, Feb 26, 2002.

1. niksem

niksem Member
    7+ Year Member

I am originally from Russia. I am in junior standing right now and am in 4-year college in Nebraska. I will apply into a med school this Summer. When I started to research different medical schools and compare them, I found out that there are most of public schools that do not accept international students. I was also suprised that the university for which I have done some research for in the past year does not accept international students either.

By the time I apply into a medical school, I would have had more than 3 years of staying in US and PAYING taxes. Why wouldn't public schools let state taxpayers to apply? I feel kind of discriminated againt my national origin.

I will be glad to get some response from people who have had some experience with that. If you are an international student studying in US medical school I would be glad to exchange information with you. - [email protected]

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.