International student med school admission? (FULL)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

niksem

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am originally from Russia. I am in junior standing right now and am in 4-year college in Nebraska. I will apply into a med school this Summer. When I started to research different medical schools and compare them, I found out that there are most of public schools that do not accept international students. I was also suprised that the university for which I have done some research for in the past year does not accept international students either.

By the time I apply into a medical school, I would have had more than 3 years of staying in US and PAYING taxes. Why wouldn't public schools let state taxpayers to apply? I feel kind of discriminated againt my national origin.

I will be glad to get some response from people who have had some experience with that. If you are an international student studying in US medical school I would be glad to exchange information with you. - [email protected]

Members don't see this ad.