Internal Medicine Residencies. Rolling Admission?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brc1123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

As I'm starting to get interviews I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the Internal Medicine residency admissions process. It seems that most programs provide interview dates from October to January. Is there any benefit to scheduling an interview earlier rather than later? I know some medical schools did rolling admissions but I assumed it would be different for a match process. I was also told by my advisor that the date of the interview doesn't matter but I'm not sure if I believe him.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

As I'm starting to get interviews I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the Internal Medicine residency admissions process. It seems that most programs provide interview dates from October to January. Is there any benefit to scheduling an interview earlier rather than later? I know some medical schools did rolling admissions but I assumed it would be different for a match process. I was also told by my advisor that the date of the interview doesn't matter but I'm not sure if I believe him.

Thanks
It doesn't matter.

Although depending on number of interviews, you may be tired by the end of interview season. You should prioritize your comfort, preparedness for interviews, and maximizing the number of interviews.