International students currently accepted to medsch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Zora Love...

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all the international students who graduated from US colleges and have been accepted to med schools, please post your stats: MCAT scores, GPA, EC's and if you took a year off between college and medsch--what you did...

Members don't see this ad.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by RNA Ladder 2003:
•Original is the one. He has high GPA, MCAT, good ECs.•••••whaaat!? No seriously that's not right; but thanks for the compliment :) . There are several international students even here on SDN alone that have waaay higher stats and better ECs than I do. Sonichedgehog for example has both a better GPA and MCAT than me. He also has awesome ECs. He usually wouldn't say this himself, but he got accepted at 10 of 11 schools he applied to. Almost all top ten schools.

To answer the initial question, my stats are mediocre in my opinion. MCAT 33S, gpa 3.8, MS mathematics. My ECs are cool though. I was president of 3 different clubs at my school; international student mentor; hospital volunteer; hospice; loads of teaching experience; extensive travel; and ok research. I hope this is helpful. I'll be glad to answer any more questions you have. Good luck with your apps.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was an intl student for 3 out of 4 yrs of college, and got a green card my last year. I applied as a perm. resident, however. I did ok this year. My GPA is above avg., MCAT is below avg. 5 acceptances, (12 interview invites, didn't attend most--got accepted to 1st choice quickly). I did research the year I took off. I sort of regret it b/c it made me miserable. But, it's the only job I could get with a bio degree that pays decent.

I'm an international.

3.85 GPA, 38-40Q MCAT. I got quickly rejected by three of the four schools, got rejected post-interview at Duke.

President of two clubs, finalist for a Canadian Rhodes Scholarship, serve on four University committees. It looks like there is a pretty good chance that I will be valedictorian of the graduating class of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences at Brandon University.

I think it's pretty random, personally. Maybe I had a bad rec or something...