Incoming freshman + international student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TalentedWasabi

Reaction score
I'm an international student and couldn't get my visa on time, so I'll have to take a leave of absence which will appear on my transcript. Will this affect my application? Will it be a red flag or something? It's been like 2 weeks into the academic year and I'm getting stressed out.

Members don't see this ad.

You have a legitimate reason. Not a problem. Get the visa issue sorted out as best as you can.
I'm trying my best, but if things go south, I'm probably gonna have to take a gap semester or year. I'm probably going with the latter, even if that'll be two gap years pre-college. The fact that some classes, like gen chem 1, are not offered in Spring could be a big deal. I still have some time to think about it, but still :/

I'm trying my best, but if things go south, I'm probably gonna have to take a gap semester or year. I'm probably going with the latter, even if that'll be two gap years pre-college. The fact that some classes, like gen chem 1, are not offered in Spring could be a big deal. I still have some time to think about it, but still :/
I'm sure it's not very convenient at all (my experience with international student issues pre-9/11). Do what you can... med school will still be here.

Reactions: 1 user