international students...financial help

Started by shanepark
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shanepark

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just wondering if there are any international students that have been accepted to veterinary school this fall. If so, I was wondering how did you guys go about the private loan process. I know the major companies require you to have a co-signer that is a US resident or citizen so I was wondering if there is a way to get a loan w/o a co-signer for international students. Thanks in advance!!!
 
hi, shane...

i applied for a couple of loans without a co-signer last year, and was approved for both. however, i haven't lived on a student's income for a few years now, and i'm sure that helped.

i forget the first one, but the second was the health express loan. there's also a new gradplus loan, through the u.s. government, i believe. here are links:
http://www.studentloanxpress.com/st...th-students-residency/health-xpress-loan.html
http://www.edamerica.net/money/loanoptions/gradplus.htm

cheers!

shanepark said:
I was just wondering if there are any international students that have been accepted to veterinary school this fall. If so, I was wondering how did you guys go about the private loan process. I know the major companies require you to have a co-signer that is a US resident or citizen so I was wondering if there is a way to get a loan w/o a co-signer for international students. Thanks in advance!!!