Internet access in the retail pharmacies...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

markpregen

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Walgreens only allows you to access pre-authorized sites that you have to access via hyperlinks. KMart allows fairly limited access, but for some odd reason the firewall blocks access to a lot of herbal and medicinal websites.

At wal-mart we are only allowed access to a few pre-authorized sites as well, namely Clin Pharm, Pharmacist's Letter and a Wal-mart corporate site.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I worked for a subsidiary of Mayo Clinic we had pretty much unlimited access. Kinda fun shopping eBay when you should be working.

I work in a small retail pharmacy owned by my particular college of pharmacy. We have unlimited internet access.

I work at Kroger, and as far as I can tell we have unlimited access. 2 of the pharmacists I work with have a particular obsession with browsing eBay during work.

I worked for Eckerd and we had unlimited access at first...my boss would have fun checking his stock quotes. Then they limited it big time...our other pharmacist couldn't even access dictionary.com :rolleyes: . Now that CVS has taken over the Florida stores, looks like we can only access the intranet also. Oh well. :p

We've got unlimited internet access at my Safeway store.