Internship for Vet cum MPH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drrajjesh

Dr_Rajesh
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello frins
Do you know any good organization, from where i can do two month internship in field of epidemiology, health policy and health management in zoonoses, biosecurity and hygiene?

Members don't see this ad.

A little more info would be helpful. Are you a currently a vet student? If so where might be useful. What year are you?

I can help a little (probably others can better), but I think more info would make your feedback better.

Dear Horse vet
I am in second (last) year, just i am on door to finish my dissertation. According to college rule i have to do two month internship in month of Nov-Dec, 2006.
Regards

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry for mis-spell ur name, it is HorseyVet

PLEASE read the edit

no problem...

are you in the second year of vet school or your PhD? If I remember you were asking about epidemiology etc...and I'd recomend Plumb Island for that (there are many other top notch places)...but if you want to work on something else then I'd try to try to get with someone doing something you like...

Do you like small or large...etc....Are you in the US? How far you have to go always is important...PM me if you think it would help. (I bet others have better info then me ;)

good luck

EDIT: ok I just saw you're from India...I would see what your school wants... and check out the web sites from the American schools if you have to go to an American school. I don't know half as much as others here about this, but if you want to practice in the US then there are probably a lot more things you might want to talk to people about.....

again the more info the better...most people want to help!

I am last year MPH scholar. I have finished my Graduation in vet sc long back in 2002. I have already completed two semester of VPH (90% class room work) also. Recently i have done my research on bird flu, tuberculosis, and hygiene.
Just when ever you see some opportunity which is suitable for me, tell me.
Now a day i am trying to structure some of the research on occupational health.
Okay thanks for ur kind reply
Regards
Rajesh

Hi there,
a classmate did a 10-week externship at Plum Island and was disappointed because (naturally) they didn't let him DO anything (he wanted a research project, all they let him do was tag along)> Understandable, as they've got some pretty scary germs there... I would suggest the CDC's program... you have to apply for it pretty far in advance. And maybe you have to be a US citizen? I'm also interested in public health (but working in private practice for now). What are your special interests?

And I have to recommend that you look into the MPVM program at Davis. With your background and experience as an international student I think you would fit in well. Friends of mine are in the program now and they enjoy it a lot, and there are lots of international students in the program.
Best of luck!