Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Internship Hours = Rotations?

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by eleanor_rigby, Mar 7, 2007.

1. eleanor_rigby

eleanor_rigby Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I believe that 3000 internship hours are needed at my school in order to fulfill the graduation requirements. I was wondering if the rotations throughout the P3 and P4 year were enough to satisfy all of those hours. Should I be looking into working during summer and winter breaks so I don't have to panic during my last year about being short of the hours needed?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pharmagirl

Pharmacist
    Our rotations covered a lot of our required internship hours, but not quite all of them. I worked part time throughout the summer and on some holidays and have had no problem making up the extra hours that I need for the state.

4. dgroulx

dgroulx Night Pharmacist

Pharmacist
    It depends on your school. At UF we do more than enough rotation hours to cover the requirement. I think they also count our practicum hours where we are working during the years before rotations.

5. sdn1977

sdn1977 Senior Member

In CA it takes 1500 intern hours for licensure. None of my academic rotations qualified for those. All my rotation hours required for graduation were satisfied by the curriculum available.

Things might have changed in the years since...

6. All4MyDaughter

All4MyDaughter SDN Mommystrator
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Pharmacist
    Check with your school.
    At mine the hours we get through rotations are enough for Ky licensure.
    And they have told us that a billion times. They don't want us working during school but a lot of people do.