Internship Hours = Rotations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eleanor_rigby

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I believe that 3000 internship hours are needed at my school in order to fulfill the graduation requirements. I was wondering if the rotations throughout the P3 and P4 year were enough to satisfy all of those hours. Should I be looking into working during summer and winter breaks so I don't have to panic during my last year about being short of the hours needed?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe that 3000 internship hours are needed at my school in order to fulfill the graduation requirements. I was wondering if the rotations throughout the P3 and P4 year were enough to satisfy all of those hours. Should I be looking into working during summer and winter breaks so I don't have to panic during my last year about being short of the hours needed?

Our rotations covered a lot of our required internship hours, but not quite all of them. I worked part time throughout the summer and on some holidays and have had no problem making up the extra hours that I need for the state.

It depends on your school. At UF we do more than enough rotation hours to cover the requirement. I think they also count our practicum hours where we are working during the years before rotations.

Members don't see this ad :)
In CA it takes 1500 intern hours for licensure. None of my academic rotations qualified for those. All my rotation hours required for graduation were satisfied by the curriculum available.

Things might have changed in the years since...