Internship Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmuhooligan

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So, I sent out my application yesterday, which was a relief. However, this morning I got word that one of my publications which was under review has been accepted. I'm wondering if you think it would be worth sending my sites an updated C.V. which would reflect this newly accepted manuscript? I'm leaning towards no, as I think they may find that irritating, and I had it listed under review, in revision, so it's possible that application reviewers may view this as "likely to be published". What are your thoughts? I should also mention that this was a first-authored manuscript in an APA journal.

Members don't see this ad.

Is it in a really good journal? Are you first author? Do you have lots of other stuff, or is this a huge change to your application?

I guess this is a benefit of waiting until the last minute, like me! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it in a really good journal? Are you first author? Do you have lots of other stuff, or is this a huge change to your application?

I guess this is a benefit of waiting until the last minute, like me! ;)

It's not like JCCP or anything like that, but it is a division outlet journal. Yes I am first author. This is one situation which I wish I wasn't the early bird on!

I'd consult your advisor. It's a tricky question. It depends on whether it transforms your application to a significant degree. You are applying to research oriented internships, after all. It wouldn't be too hard to email them an updated CV after all.

You already put that the article is under review. Do you seriously think that changing one article's status from "probably will be published" to "published" will make-or-break your shot at any internship site? Maybe if you were applying to a tenure-track professorship and it was a good journal. Internship (research-oriented or not), is still a clinical year.

The potential downside--appearing über anal/OCPD to DCTs--far outweighs the nonexistent benefit of changing that tiny bit of your CV. At least wait until you go on internship for them to find out that you're anxious. ;-)