Internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
T

Tatodotcom

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems very hard to find an internship for a pre pharm student. I just completed my first semester of college at Georgia Southern University. I took Bio I,Bio I lab, CHEM I & II both with lab, calc I & II, econ, government, eng I & II and a p.e. class. I have a 4.0 gpa after my first year, so I'm off to a good start i guess. I guess I just need to walk into local pharmacies and ask for an internship this summer because no one is returning my calls or emails. I would love to do research but I guess a retail pharmacy would do. I'm just trying to get some experience to maximize my chances of getting into pharmacy school. Also, as of right now, I'm on the three year pre pharm track, but I may take summer classes to get on the two year program. when would you all recommend I plan on taking the pcat? I was told after most of my pre reqs are done, but I take practice tests and get almost every question right.......thanks for the advice in advanced guys/girls!

Just to clarify for you, you Can't be a Pharmacy Intern until you are accepted/enrolled in Pharmacy School. Some states allow you to get an Intern license once you get a letter of acceptance into pharmacy school and other states will not let you become licensed until you successfully complete your first year of pharmacy school.

As a prepharm you can either be a clerk or you can get your Technician license and get certified.

wow, how could anyone not want you, you're so amazing! :rolleyes:
Go ahead take the PCAT. If you get all the practice questions right and have a 4.0 then I guess you're ready
Tip #1: check out some other posts, you'll find some answers
Tip #2: Pharmacies usually want employees, not people who "just want experience" to get into pharmacy school. I'd suggest just applying for a job and say that you have an interest in pharmacy. Saying you "just want experience" sort of turns them off.:D

hey i have a ? guys, I am a student that has been accepted to a 3 yr school which will start in fall.. but currently I got accepted for a intern position also.. but now they are asking me for an intern license copy?!? What do I do... I am scared they will not keep me if I don't have one.. but can I apply for one or what?! Please help me!!