Internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bongkrekik

bongkrekik
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If one was doing internship at UP-PGH, can you do outside rotations for a month or two - like in the US? What about USTH, or St. Luke's?

Members don't see this ad.

If one was doing internship at UP-PGH, can you do outside rotations for a month or two - like in the US? What about USTH, or St. Luke's?
Most schools will allow you to take a month for outside rotations DURING CLERKSHIP (even UP or St. Lukes'). I heard it's very difficult to schedule it in UST as their schedules are very tight and strict during clerkship.
I don't know if any school will allow that during internship.

You would have an outside rotation at least for a month for community in St. Luke's. Before I had a chance to rotate in Chulalongkorn University Thailand for my ENT/Ophtha in Internship. But that was 3 years ago when the former dean had student exchange program agreements with universities in thailand/hawaii/guam/germany. I dont think St. Luke's offers overseas rotations now. Ask about Fatima...I heared they have clerkships in the US. God speed!:)

internship in pgh doesn't include an outside rotation. you'd be doing community immersion and work in San Juan, Batangas as part of community med req'ts, then for the rest of the year you'll find yourself rotating in all the departments in PGH.

:D