Internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drwasabi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got called by a nurse because she thought it was "interesting" that hydralazine lowered the patient's blood pressure. At 2:30 in the morning.

So glad internship is almost over...

Members don't see this ad.

lol. you would have thought the hazing would be over by now. ;)

I just got called by a nurse because she thought it was "interesting" that hydralazine lowered the patient's blood pressure. At 2:30 in the morning.

You should have told the nurse, "Uh, yeah, that's what hydralazine is supposed to do :rolleyes:."

The proper response is "We need to check it every 15min for the next 2 hours to be sure he doesn't drop his BP any further. Let me know if his pressure drops below 90 Systolic". I like to task out extra work for stupid phone calls.

The proper response is "We need to check it every 15min for the next 2 hours to be sure he doesn't drop his BP any further. Let me know if his pressure drops below 90 Systolic". I like to task out extra work for stupid phone calls.

Hahahahaha Niiiiice

Keerrrect.

Mine was a 3AM call from the ICU on a comatose DKA.
Did you know that X has gained 7 litres of fluid?
Really? When did he gain all that fluid?
I don't know.
Well could you please find out and call me back?
Gee, he's been in the ICU for 3 weeks and his record has been thinned 3 times.
Ahhhh. 'night.

Dude! Don't take out your frustrations about the nurse on the poor patient. It's not his fault she is pharmacompeiapenic.

1. Was she po'd at you for something earlier, and this was a payback call, or was this just one of those random neural firing phone calls?

2. Have they taken down the crime scene tape, cleaned up the chalk outline where her body was, etc? ;)

Dumb phone call. It shouldn't have happened and I wish for your sakes (interns/residents) that there was some sort of mechanism to address this. It's completely inappropriate.

My favorite was when i asked for triple antibiotic ointment to be put on a really small wound. I got a call from the pharmacist late saying he was out of triple antibiotic, but could he use double antibiotic ointment instead. doh.