Intervention Cardiology Fellowship 2021-2022 thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi,

Would like to hear about University of Miami/JMH interventional experience from someone who interviewed there?

Members don't see this ad.

I do confirm, i have heard the same story about Mt. Sinai interviews.

Work from 6 in the AM to past midnight most of the days. Expect to end the year with >500 PCIs and close to 100 peripherals. When in the main rooms expect to perform LM, CTOs, Impella-assisted PCIs, BAVs, bifurcations every day multiple times per day. Very heavy use of coronary devices (rota, orbital, laser, etc.). Essentially this is a CHIP fellowship in 1 year including peripherals and basic cases. Very intense environment, Don't expect hand holding. High levels of autonomy are expected. Not for everyone.

Good morning comrades,

I am reaching out as part of an effort with SCAI/ACC to get information (via a 3 min survey) from IC applicants about their experience with the IC fellowship match.

Making the IC match experience a match process with universal application will make the process more transparent, fair and favor the applicant over the programs – allowing us to interview at all programs before choosing which is the best fit. It would not take away any opportunity to stay at your home institution.

To make IC a formal match process - and eliminate the rat race that is currently the IC match- we need a 75% majority of IC program directors to agree to this; however, – no concrete data exists on how applicants feel about this idea. Please contribute your opinion (pro or con) and circulate this survey to recent applicants. (If you are applying this cycle - the survey does not apply).

This could be a reality for 2024-2025 cycle!!!! If we move fast and work together & get this out.

The survey to distribute is published here: https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6948456/ICF-Application-Experience

TY!

Reactions: 1 user