interview/acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cschellh

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello all,

I am unfamiliar with the actual application/interview/acceptance process, but am trying to get it all figured out well before. I appreciate any help you are willing to give =D

My question is--
if you get an interview for "X" university, and get an acceptance 2 weeks later-- how much time do you have before you have to tell them whether or not you plan on attending for sure? reason being--If you want to get into "Z" University, and are holding out for that, not "X". My boyfriend and I will both be applying to 10 schools, and know that the chances of getting an interview/acceptance at the same time is unlikely, so we're wondering how that will work out.

I appreciate it again =) have a greatttt day!! :idea:

Members don't see this ad.

The school's admission letter will let you know how long you can wait, as it will ask you to pay a deposit to confirm your acceptance. The deadline for paying the deposit varies from school to school. So basically once you pay that deposit you're saying YES to the school. Getting into pharmacy school is competitive, and once you miss your deadline your spot will be handed to somebody else. I should also warn you that the deposit is non-refundable.

THANK YOU!

another question in response to that is that if you pay the deposit, and are expected to go to that school, if you decide later to go to another school, can you do that- and just not get your deposit back?? i'm just wondering in case we end up getting into a school together at a later time. also, do you know how long roughly they give you to tell them??

Members don't see this ad :)
For PharmCAS schools, I'm pretty sure there's a box on the school page that tells you what the deposit is and how long you have to place it after being offered admission. I believe most of the schools I applied to were two week deadlines.

If you decide you want to go somewhere else, no biggie. You just don't get your money back. :)

thank you kismet. that is definitely re-assuring =) I don't mind a money loss, as long as we get in the same place =)

have you applied.. got interviews.. admission anywhere?? how are your stats???

Thanks again!

Just to add on, some schools do give you a while to decide (several weeks) while some require a response/deposit very quickly. I only had 10 days to pay my $500 deposit. Also, keep in mind that some schools require a $1,000 deposit. Personally, I would pay the deposit to the first school that offers you acceptance so that you know you're guaranteed to go somewhere and then hope that you both get into the same school.