General Admissions & OTCAS Interview Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

otappmsu

Reaction score
Hi! I have received interview invitations to a couple of programs and I am extremely nervous! I was wondering if anyone who has already been accepted or who has already had some interviews could give advice, or even current students giving advice on their own interviews. I am clueless of what to expect. This could be a thread for interview advice and questions!

For some reference, I have interviews schedule with Belmont University, Chatham University, and Johnson & Wales University. If anyone can give insight to those programs specifically, that would be amazing! Thanks in advance and good luck to all applicants!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I was accepted to all the programs I applied to after my interview. My main advice would be to do your research on the school! As well prep for your interview for 2 weeks or a week! I would record myself and then see what I should fix and what I should add to make myself stand out more. Talk about the community because us being future OT’s the community is important to us. As well don’t be nervous, once you rehearse it all out too the anxiety of answering questions eases away!

Hi, I was accepted to all the programs I applied to after my interview. My main advice would be to do your research on the school! As well prep for your interview for 2 weeks or a week! I would record myself and then see what I should fix and what I should add to make myself stand out more. Talk about the community because us being future OT’s the community is important to us. As well don’t be nervous, once you rehearse it all out too the anxiety of answering questions eases away!
Congratulations on your acceptances! Thank you for the advice, it's so helpful. Do you mind me asking what programs you interviewed with?

I imagine your interview(s) are going to be virtual. I would practice speaking over zoom or other virtual platforms. If your undergrad school has a career center I imagine you can contact them for a mock virtual interview. I am in my first semester of OT school and already found it difficult to give presentations over zoom so learn how to look at the camera and not yourself as you are speaking.

I'd also ask the school if this is a group interview and if it is will everyone have to unmute before they speak etc. If they haven't already told you what platform they will be using, this is important to know so you can navigate your viewing options on the screen as it varies with each platform.

Also just because it is virtual dress as if they were going to see you in person.