Interview at UGA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cbstiles27

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there, I have been invited to an interview for the UGA Pharmacy program. I dont really know how interviews differ from school to school, but I was wondering if anybody had experience with an interview at UGA and if they could tell me what its like? How do you think I can prepare and what kind of questions did they ask you? Also, what topic did they give you for your essay? Thanks alot.

Members don't see this ad.

Well i interviewed back in january and it was pretty low stress. Basically you will sit in the room with about 4 other interviewees and will watch a short powerpoint and then write a essay. All of the people in my room had different topics from me so im sure they have alot, but mine was over "if i had to pick another career other than pharmacy what would it be and why". Dont stress to much over the essay its pretty straightfoward. Then you will do a 2 on 1 interview usually with one faculty member and with the dean Doctor Wolfgang who is really nice. Best advice is to get plenty of sleep, go in relaxed, and just talk to them naturally. UGA is pretty low stress. Good luck on it, im still patiently waiting for all you guys to interview so they can send out letters.

Do you guys already have an undergraduate degree? I'm wondering what UGA factors the most before giving out interview invites.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks tannermt, its quite relieving to hear this.

No pcproduct, I do not yet have my undergraduate degree. When I asked Dr. Duke about that, he said the possession of an undergraduate degree has little influence on their decision. However, if someone does have a undergraduate degree, it does mean they have taken more classes and gained more experience which looks good for your application.

Do you guys already have an undergraduate degree? I'm wondering what UGA factors the most before giving out interview invites.
From what I understand, UGA only takes GPA and PCAT into consideration before sending out interview invites. They take Pcat score plus GPA x 25 and add those together and the applicants with the highest GPA/PCAT sum are invited for interview. cbstiles- between what tannermt posted and the interview feedback section of sdn you're pretty much covered. When is your interview? Good luck!

UGA was the first interview that I actually had fun experiencing. I felt like I was just talking and letting the interviewers know about my education and experiences. I can't wait to find out in a few weeks. I love Athens, UGA, and low state tuition!

For those of you who have gotten an interview, do you mind sharing your stats to a next year applicant? uga intimidates me because of all the really good stats I see being accepted. I know it's harder to get into, and I'm trying to figure out possibly where I stand...its tuff because they do only look at the pcat and GPA when deciding about an interview offer. Thanks and good luck!

For those of you who have gotten an interview, do you mind sharing your stats to a next year applicant? uga intimidates me because of all the really good stats I see being accepted. I know it's harder to get into, and I'm trying to figure out possibly where I stand...its tuff because they do only look at the pcat and GPA when deciding about an interview offer. Thanks and good luck!

I got an interview and my stats are:
3.5 GPA
85 PCAT
Good luck next year!

The interview was pretty low-key. I checked out the interview feedback section here before I went and it was very helpful. My essay question was 'What country have you not visited would you like to and why'; all 4 of us had different questions. I liked the fact that different students came into talk with us, I believe I met P1s and P2s, but I may have missed some people during my interview.

The only things that threw me was that there were 2 people in the interview, they were both nice but it was still disconcerting at first. They also asked me questions relating to my personal statement. Oh, and parking was way more than I expected, $8 or so for 3-4 hours in the garage.

I declined my interview at UGA after getting into Mercer. Good luck everyone!

uga's interview leaves a lot to be desired

they hardly get to know you for who you are in a 20 min interview. That's all you have with them. I tried to squeeze in as much as i could without sounding like i was reciting an essay.

cbstiles- Just wondering if you have had your interview yet, if so, how did it go? If not, good luck!

uga's interview leaves a lot to be desired

they hardly get to know you for who you are in a 20 min interview. That's all you have with them. I tried to squeeze in as much as i could without sounding like i was reciting an essay.

My interview went for 30-40 minutes I think. You need to get engaged more and elaborate on the details of your answers. I felt like I was able to talk to them enough for them to have a good idea of who I am.

When are we expecting the final decisions? Couple of weeks?

Members don't see this ad :)
When are we expecting the final decisions? Couple of weeks?

Yea, thats what I would think. I know a few current pharmacy students there, so i'll let you know if I find out they could be mailing out a little earlier.

Yea, thats what I would think. I know a few current pharmacy students there, so i'll let you know if I find out they could be mailing out a little earlier.
sweet, post it up if you hear anything. I think it will be by mid april though.

sweet, post it up if you hear anything. I think it will be by mid april though.
I will. Yea I think mid-April at the latest. I say that because last year one of my friends let me know when they made decisions and he ask Dr. Wolfgang, who said it was ok to give him a call to hear my decision. I think I called and found out around April 8th, or so. Even though it was bad news last year, at least the waiting was over about a week early.

I think I will wait for the letter. Something about opening the letter is just so much more dramatic and gratifying (if I get in).

I think I will wait for the letter. Something about opening the letter is just so much more dramatic and gratifying (if I get in).
Yea I agree, but the wait is torture! I might wait for the letter as well this year, maybe that will change the outcome.

cbstiles- Just wondering if you have had your interview yet, if so, how did it go? If not, good luck!

Hey... uh, interview went horrible actually. Heh, of all the days to have a really bad day. Certain circumstances prevented me from being there on time. Then, I was in a horrible daze during the actual interview, so i probably looked nervous and I was also unable to answer their questions the way i would have wanted too. But other than all that, I think they sort of liked me... though I'm sure they attempt to appear that way for all applicants.

Does anyone know how much the interview counts towards the overall application? I got a 86th percentile on the PCAT and have a 3.8 GPA, so I am kind of wondering where I stand with what will likely be a low score for the interview.

Hey... uh, interview went horrible actually. Heh, of all the days to have a really bad day. Certain circumstances prevented me from being there on time. Then, I was in a horrible daze during the actual interview, so i probably looked nervous and I was also unable to answer their questions the way i would have wanted too. But other than all that, I think they sort of liked me... though I'm sure they attempt to appear that way for all applicants.

Does anyone know how much the interview counts towards the overall application? I got a 86th percentile on the PCAT and have a 3.8 GPA, so I am kind of wondering where I stand with what will likely be a low score for the interview.
I'm sorry to hear it didn't go as well as it could have, but I'm sure it went better than you thought. The interview counts as 1/3 of the equation, but your gpa and pcat help u a lot. Good luck with everything!

man i'm going to be so bummed if i don't get in..........booo

I think we'll be getting letters by the end of this week..................:/

I think we'll be getting letters by the end of this week..................:/
I hope so, luckily im fairly busy with school this week so i'm trying to keep my mind off of the wait. :xf:Good luck to all!

lol it's a busy week for me too, now i'm thinking about letters rather than school! nooo!

i think i'm going to get waitlisted though :/.

If anyone wants to start annoying Dr. Wolfgang for the answer, here's his phone number:

706-542-7287

Ask for your acceptance status!:xf:

I think im just gonna wait for the letter instead of trying to call but the wait does suck. my interview was back in january and it seems like forever ago.

Just wanted to let you guys know that decisions will not be made until tomorrow. I talked to Dr. Wolfgang and he informed me the adcom will not meet until then, so you can contact him tomorrow afternoon for your decision. Good Luck!

Just wanted to let you guys know that decisions will not be made until tomorrow. I talked to Dr. Wolfgang and he informed me the adcom will not meet until then, so you can contact him tomorrow afternoon for your decision. Good Luck!
oh man i would be waaaaay to nervous to talk to him lol. What if he says no :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

by the way....isn't he the entire adcom committee lol
Don't know, he just told me he has been out of town so they wouldn't meet until tomorrow. I think I would be too nervous to talk to him too, I think I may just shoot him an e-mail. Good Luck!

What's the normal procedure for telling people their status (accepted/denied/waitlisted)? Do they call then send a letter or email or do you have to wait for a letter?

Hey whats the cost for a year of tuition at GA pharm. I cant find the total costs for fees and tuition.

Hey whats the cost for a year of tuition at GA pharm. I cant find the total costs for fees and tuition.

In-state- $5703 per semester
Out of state- $15000 per semester

this is as of the spring semester of 2009.

see when i think about it....it might cost as much as mercer w/living on campus at uga.

if i go to mercer i'm lving w/the rents, but it's free pretty much

actually, abenton, do you live at UGA? how much is it, does it add up to about 7k between housing/food/etc

actually, abenton, do you live at UGA? how much is it, does it add up to about 7k between housing/food/etc
Yeah, thats prob a pretty good estimate. Maybe a little bit more if you're counting books, parking pass, and stuff like that.

I just got rejected by Wolfgang.:thumbdown: Well, alternate-listed is the pc term, but what-evs.

My stats are 3.32 GPA, 96 PCAT, horrible interview. Probably the interview screwed me over. Let's hope lots of people reject their offer.:xf:

Good luck to you guys though.

Hey all! I was accepted last year and am now a first year student at UGA. I can totally relate to the anxiety you all are experiencing right now. :D If any of you have questions about what UGA is like, or anything else for that matter, feel free to PM me! Good luck everybody! :)

Found out a little while ago that I was accepted!!! Good luck to everyone waiting on their letters!

So did you guys call Dr. Wolfgang or email him??? Maybe i should just wait and give the letter to someone else to give me the news!!!

I go to UGA, so I personally went to his office and ask. I think it was less painful that way.

Found out a little while ago that I was accepted!!! Good luck to everyone waiting on their letters!
good job dude, i didn't have time to call or get on a computer today gah.

btw is that 7k per semester?

Got in.... Now if only i could get deposit back from mercer and south....haha. Well thats a relief back to UGA i go. Good luck guys.

Hi abenton congat I also foung out I got accepted by dr.wolfgang my stats are 3.86 pcat 87 I am so happy . I am going to decline m acceptance to mercer.