Interview at UGA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i doubt it is that many interviewees ~120.

if they interview the week of the 11th and end the 28th that means they have 18 interviews and if there are 4 ppl there then that is about 72 people that are interviewed for the month of jan. idk the odds get better tho!

Members don't see this ad.

so this means that a lil over a 1/3 get accepted...so if there are 4 students interviewed together then that means someone in your group gets accepted early!!

they didn't end the 28th....they are still doing interviews until next Thursday (my friend has one then)...and they don't just interview 4 people a day, they have two time sessions each interview day (9:00am and 1:00pm), so about 8 people per day. And they only interview Tues., wed, and thursday (not everyday of the week). I think it's about right that it will be around 120 by feb 15th. Its almost half way through the interview cycle and the interview about 250 people, so that's about right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
yeah ur rite. but how do you know that they accept those ~25 at the cut off of feb 15th. they also accept ~25 in mid march too so ... are you saying there are 2 cycles of interviews?

yeah ur rite. but how do you know that they accept those ~25 at the cut off of feb 15th. they also accept ~25 in mid march too so ... are you saying there are 2 cycles of interviews?

I don't know if they have cutoffs or they just go up to the last interview they had...I also don't know if its 25 they're taking every month..All i know is some people get in early in mid feb and mid march and the rest get in mid april (and they interview 250)....lol i really wish i did know more though!good luck all

yea i'm not sure about the exact number breakdown but i saw interviewees today as well.

they'll accept about 130-140 people from the class.

when you get in make sure you get active in clubs etc, ask me about them if you want.

Dr. Wolfgang said that they're actually increasing the class size to 150 this year! Something about the state wants more grads or something so I think that uga gets more funding! I'll def. message you if i get in about student org. and clubs! thanks

Any guys in the interview today? :)

although, personally, i'm glad it has increased class size, I dont know if that is good in the long run...

Its horrible...especially since there are 4 schools in GA now. Good for our chances of being accepted but,as u said,bad for the long-run

my friend in the class of 2013 said that he received a physical letter in the mail for an interview, but we received an email for an interview. Does that mean we may get the acceptance through email as well??? I mean, I know they have to send out the physical letters in the mail too, but it would be nice to know on the 15th instead of finding out a few days later in the mail.

a lot of schools email you if you get in instead of sending letters.

good luck!

my friend in the class of 2013 said that he received a physical letter in the mail for an interview, but we received an email for an interview. Does that mean we may get the acceptance through email as well??? I mean, I know they have to send out the physical letters in the mail too, but it would be nice to know on the 15th instead of finding out a few days later in the mail.

a lot of schools email you if you get in instead of sending letters.

good luck!

Well, it will be nice to hear anything around the 15th, but the odds are against us if they're only accepting 25 people first! I pray i get in early! But that's interesting I hope they do email us. I bet they just send the letter though so we'll prolly have to wait until the 17th to hear from them this month (if we get in).....Good luck to you too! How was ur interview?

Well, it will be nice to hear anything around the 15th, but the odds are against us if they're only accepting 25 people first! I pray i get in early! But that's interesting I hope they do email us. I bet they just send the letter though so we'll prolly have to wait until the 17th to hear from them this month (if we get in).....Good luck to you too! How was ur interview?

I think my interview went pretty well, but who knows. Dr. Wolfgang said all four of us did an excellent job, but I don't know if that means all four of us will get in. haha, lets hope so! hope yours went well.

I think my interview went pretty well, but who knows. Dr. Wolfgang said all four of us did an excellent job, but I don't know if that means all four of us will get in. haha, lets hope so! hope yours went well.

Haha, he said the same thing to us! When was ur interview? ? Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha, he said the same thing to us! When was ur interview? ? Good luck

hahaha, my interview was on January 13th. hopefully he is not telling EVERY group we did an awesome job b/c that'll be heartbreaking because he can't accept all of us.

Hey guys. Second time applicant here. I got rejected at the very end of the process because my interview sucked. Hopefully it will go better this time around. My interview is at the end of February, so that will give me plenty of time to prepare. I only wished I knew of the early admissions beforehand.

let me tell you guys a huge tip here, so sometimes, idk what happened last year exactly, i think i read it on here, but someone said they emailed dr. wolfgang and he emailed them the results. I did as well and he told me via email, great thing!

HOWEVER, i would not bombard wolfgangs email with a plethora of AM I IN!!!!
DO NOT DO THAT!

wait for a while....i just checked my email and i didn't hear back until april. then again we didn't have early admissions so idk, hold on to your seats people. Will be nice meeting a lot of you next year!

let me tell you guys a huge tip here, so sometimes, idk what happened last year exactly, i think i read it on here, but someone said they emailed dr. wolfgang and he emailed them the results. I did as well and he told me via email, great thing!

DO NOT DO THAT!

wait for a while....i just checked my email and i didn't hear back until april. then again we didn't have early admissions so idk, hold on to your seats people. Will be nice meeting a lot of you next year!

I'd be way to scared...I think I will just wait patiently instead of risking it with annoying Dr. Wolfgang.....especially since they're doing early acceptance we might find out WAY sooner than we thought any way......and the wait continues!

DO NOT DO THAT!

Been to any interviews this week phoenician? Maybe you can get us people waiting the inside scoop of when they're accepting people :D....Do most of the people interviewing seem to be good applicants?

One of the girls at my interview seemed very odd...I believe you had lab that day and could not stop by. Good luck everyone!

hey i just went today

the interviewees seem good actually, it seems more of them have had degrees (don't quote me). Regardless though, the people i've met have seemed passionate about it.

hey i just went today

the interviewees seem good actually, it seems more of them have had degrees (don't quote me). Regardless though, the people i've met have seemed passionate about it.

No one in my group had their degree. However my friend had an interview before me and said that everyone in his group already had a degree... I think it's just becoming more and more competitive. I'm hoping we start to hear back sometime next week! We'll see though

Where are all the UGA people!??! Anybody on here have an interview this week? I wonder if people who interviewed this week will have a shot at getting accepted early this month.

Bump to top

GL

I am nervous as feb 15th is approaching soon ( actually tomorrow) Who will be those first candidates of the class 2014? Please let us know:)

Hi everyone! I have received my acceptance letter (interviewed on Feb. 3rd). I'm super excited about attending UGA. The new pharmacy building is absolutely gorgeous!

Any advice on how to go about finding living arrangements? Thanks.

Hi everyone! I have received my acceptance letter (interviewed on Feb. 3rd). I'm super excited about attending UGA. The new pharmacy building is absolutely gorgeous!

Wow! Congrats! Did u get your acceptance via regular snail mail? When was it post marked? Mind sharing your stats

Congratulations on your acceptance! Did you receive an email or physical letter? I would recommend living in an off-campus apartment. It is far cheaper than living on campus. There are many apartments close to campus and most of them are on the city bus line, which is free for students to ride. I currently live at Lakeside, which is on Riverbend and is about a mile from campus. A city bus comes every 25 mintues. About a half mile down the road there are several apartment complexes and the bus goes there every 15 minutes. It's most important to find an apartment that is served by the city buses. I recommend going to athenstransit.com and look at the apartments on route. You can check out the different route times and find what works for you. The number 14 services Lakeside, and the number 12 services the other apartments on Riverbend (every 15 minutes).

I got my acceptance letter via regular snail mail ! Good luck to everyone

[QUOTE=Tatodotcom;9253217]Did u get it today? Congrats!!!![/QUOTE]

I got it today ( yesterday was President's day, i dont think post office delivered mails yesterday). Good luck to everyone. :)

[QUOTE=Tatodotcom;9253217]Did u get it today? Congrats!!!!

I got it today ( yesterday was President's day, i dont think post office delivered mails yesterday). Good luck to everyone. :)[/QUOTE]

That's whybi was wondering how silvern got it yesterday...I hope I get a letter when I get home! Congrats again! Will u be attending?

I just got the acceptance letter! YES! GOD I'm so relieved. ...good luck everyone

what were your stats guys, if you don't mind me asking. :) so i know if i have a chance later or not.

My stat is 4.0 GPA and 90 PCAT.
To Tatodotcom: congratulations on your acceptance. See u next year then. :)
Good luck everyone :thumbup:

YES awesome, let me know if you have any questions

I live on campus right now, adding up to 570 a month with sharing bathroom, 3 other roommates, kind of high, but once you factor in no driving/no buying furniture etc etc it kind of adds up to be the same, i'm moving off campus next year though
Congratulations on your acceptance! Did you receive an email or physical letter? I would recommend living in an off-campus apartment. It is far cheaper than living on campus. There are many apartments close to campus and most of them are on the city bus line, which is free for students to ride. I currently live at Lakeside, which is on Riverbend and is about a mile from campus. A city bus comes every 25 mintues. About a half mile down the road there are several apartment complexes and the bus goes there every 15 minutes. It's most important to find an apartment that is served by the city buses. I recommend going to athenstransit.com and look at the apartments on route. You can check out the different route times and find what works for you. The number 14 services Lakeside, and the number 12 services the other apartments on Riverbend (every 15 minutes).
a thing about athens transit, even though it says 15 minutes, i've seen those buses take up to 30, you'd be better off carpooling w/other pharm folks
[QUOTE=Tatodotcom;9253217]Did u get it today? Congrats!!!!

I got it today ( yesterday was President's day, i dont think post office delivered mails yesterday). Good luck to everyone. :)[/QUOTE]
Nice

I just got the acceptance letter! YES! GOD I'm so relieved. ...good luck everyone
again-awesome
My stat is 4.0 GPA and 90 PCAT.
To Tatodotcom: congratulations on your acceptance. See u next year then. :)
Good luck everyone :thumbup:
great stats

If you guys have any questions about the school/classes/getting involved, let me know, i'm a 1st year student there now.

i'm a little slow to respond because we're having test after test this semester, so much fun!

to tatodotcom:

I have a question for you...you received your letter yesterday right?
well where are you located?? I'm in Valdosta and I was wondering if you could tell me the post marked date so I know when they mailed them out. I am waiting on an acceptance letter as well.
I would greatly appreciate any info you can provide
Thanks

I'm located around John's Creek. I can't read the postmarked date because I ripped it there. But the accceptance letter was written on the 11th. I think they were mailed out on the friday the 12th....and yes i got my letter yesterday late afternoon. Good luck to you. Remember that this is just the first round. You still have the next batch of acceptances next month and one more after that. good luck

I'm located around John's Creek. I can't read the postmarked date because I ripped it there. But the accceptance letter was written on the 11th. I think they were mailed out on the friday the 12th....and yes i got my letter yesterday late afternoon. Good luck to you. Remember that this is just the first round. You still have the next batch of acceptances next month and one more after that. good luck

My letter was also dated on the 11th. Congrats to everyone who got accepted. See you guys in August. :love:

And good luck to those still waiting. :thumbup:

to tatodotcom:
I looked up your location and you are only one hour from athens...so since you recieved your letter late yesterday and I live so close to the florida line and all...think I might still have a shot at getting in on this first round! I am going to give it another day........

Last edited:
so what's happening guys...

Sent my deposit check Monday!...getting my titers and shots next week. I need to find a place to live also. Other than that not much! Were u an instate applicant last year Phoenician? I had a question about hope scholarship

yea instate

hope goes up to 150 hours with graduate, if you didn't get a degree you're applicable to use.

yea instate

hope goes up to 150 hours with graduate, if you didn't get a degree you're applicable to use.

Awesome! Ill have 95 hours coming in with no degree. At least ill get some more use out of hope...do u mind sharing how much tuition it covers per semester?? I'm wondering how much hope covers since the tuition for grad is a little bit higher

To thephoenician88 : i have a question regarding financial aid too. Last year, when you applied for FAFSA, did you classify yourself as a senior undergraduate student or a graduate student? should we classify ourselves as graduate students ( in FAFSA form) if we have not had a bachelor degree . Thanks for your answer in advance.

To Tadotdocom: Do you know anything else (rather than immunization form, medical record, Fafsa, spring transcript) that we need to turn in prior the beginning of the class? Do you know where you will live for the next year ? Have you looked for an appartment yet? I am looking for a place to live too :idea:I sincerely appreciate your answers in advance.

To thephoenician88 : i have a question regarding financial aid too. Last year, when you applied for FAFSA, did you classify yourself as a senior undergraduate student or a graduate student? should we classify ourselves as graduate students ( in FAFSA form) if we have not had a bachelor degree . Thanks for your answer in advance.

To Tadotdocom: Do you know anything else (rather than immunization form, medical record, Fafsa, spring transcript) that we need to turn in prior the beginning of the class? Do you know where you will live for the next year ? Have you looked for an appartment yet? I am looking for a place to live too :idea:I sincerely appreciate your answers in advance.

I think those are the only forms we need to turn in (along with the $250 deposit)....also on fafsa you need to put graduate student (because that's what you're, regardless if you got an undergrad degree or not). I think im just going to live with my buddies from high school who will be starting vet school. Good luck

To Tadodotcom :
Thanks for your prompt answer. I just turned in my deposit last week, now i am working on my immunization as well as finding a place to live too.
Should we live on-campus housing or off-campus housing? Are you going to work during first school year?

To Tadodotcom :
Thanks for your prompt answer. I just turned in my deposit last week, now i am working on my immunization as well as finding a place to live too.
Should we live on-campus housing or off-campus housing? Are you going to work during first school year?

I'd love to find a job in athens, but I'm pretty sure its impossible considering there are all the other students who are probably doing the same thing. Regardless, I'll try and hit up some hospitals to try and find a job. If not, I already have an intern job lined up for the summers back in Atlanta.

I'm sure pheonician would be able to help us out more with the job situation. It would be nice to not have to worry about a job during school, at least for the first year.

They cashed my deposit check today. Best $250 i've ever spent!:thumbup:
See you in the fall

some people work a day or two a week, some work a day a month (me), but not in athens. Usually you'll have to drive a little away from athens to find a job because it's saturated with pharm/pre pharm students.

Personally i only work on breaks or a day a month if i can and that works out well.

some people work a day or two a week, some work a day a month (me), but not in athens. Usually you'll have to drive a little away from athens to find a job because it's saturated with pharm/pre pharm students.

Personally i only work on breaks or a day a month if i can and that works out well.

Do you work in retail? any good hospitals around or outside of athens that you know of that are williing to accept interns from UGA? Im willing to go pretty much anywhere within an hour or so to get some experience....