Interview at UGA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRD I am happy got accepted at UGA Thanks Jesus

Members don't see this ad.

Congrat to ya tannermt and abenton . do you guys know if they need a deposit for UGA

they probably will. I feel bad for mercer, they're going to lose a lot of people.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the congrats man and good luck to anyone who has'nt heard. I think they do require a deposit but i believe its a pretty small amount. Yea mercer is gonna have a mass exodus but they always expect that just cause UGA is great school at a great price.

Congrat to ya tannermt and abenton . do you guys know if they need a deposit for UGA
I think they require a $500 deposit.
thephoenician88, that 7k should last you about the entire year. As long as you live a little frugally and don't eat out every meal.
hitzgirlforever, yes I will be attending UGA COP.
Thanks for the congrats and Good Luck to those still waiting and on the alternate list. Oh yea, and I e-mailed Dr. Wolfgang to find out my status.

how will you guys decide between mercer and uga?

is it uga-no question about it? or will you go back and forth.

There was no deposite for UGA last year, unless they change it this year. You just have to reply back saying you'll go there or not.

I received my official letter today. Accepted. I will definitely be going to UGA!

can you guys give some reasons why you're choosing uga vs mercer?

Hey guys, congratulations on your acceptances. I too am going to be part of the Class of 2013, there's a facebook group if you guys wanna join. I'm looking forward to the next four years. Again, congratulations to everyone.

I just found out my acceptance to UGA! I am SOOOOOOO happy!!!!!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
:soexcited: I got my letter, now must go out and celebrate!

What should our written letter of acceptance contain? Like 1 page paper saying why i want to be at UGA? Or just, "yes thank you i accept offer" with a stamp+envelope?

it should say heck yes be there in august.... i would thank them of course but other than that just basically a written agreement is what they are wanting.

can you guys give some reasons why you're choosing uga vs mercer?
It's not that easy of a decision. Mercer really impressed me at my interview. But, I decided to go to UGA because my fiance goes to UGA and it is a great deal cheaper. Did you make your decision yet?

i'm speaking to a few more people on friday, i'm really leaning towards UGA at the moment though.

Mercer really impressed me too, that's what's making this hard lol.

What does it mean to be an alternate?
It means that if anyone accepted declines their seat, an alternate has a chance to take their spot. The higher you are in the alternate pool, the better chance you have of getting accepted. I think UGA usually ends up pulling 15-20 alternates per cycle. Good Luck!

last year i think they pulled~30. UGA's list is unranked though, and they don't tell you where you are on the list.

Actually the number is 16, about half of thirty. And I believe if you try and ask Dr. Wolfgang he will tell you your rank. I have a friend who has already asked him and he said that she is pretty high up in the top 20. I will have to come up with the courage to ask him on Monday. If he says he won't tell me, then that's okay.

hmmm i must've been thinking about the year before class of 2012.

I went through waiting list last year and they wouldn't tell me rank, if he told someone else then idk lol, i guess i was too far down. they probably have a pool of 20 or so students who are runner ups and everyone else is unranked.

Real quick, for those who were accepted, what're you guys doing for housing? I'm currently looking for roommates (preferably pharmacy students), PM me if interested.

yea i'm going to look for roommates as well, the pharm school helps you out though. I'll probably be in a dorm on campus because i'm not too familiar with athens area just yet.

got my info packet today lol, 2 important papers, 30 pgs of filler :p

My packet arrived today; I also emailed Sunny to make sure that everything's in order so far. Just want to make sure I'm doing this right. :)

Hey everyone, I'm pretty sure UGA has started their interviews...who's got one?

Hey everyone, I'm pretty sure UGA has started their interviews...who's got one?

Hey phoenician, so are you a First year student at UGA?
If so then are you going to be there when we are in the waiting room?

I have an interview at UGA coming up in a couple weeks.. what is the interview day like?!

Hey guys, so I'm back. Was wait-listed last year and unfortunately ended up not getting in.

As of right now, I've got an interview at 1 on the 26th. I feel like my application has improved a lot, so hopefully I will be getting in this year. .... Heh, one things for sure, I am going to be on time this time around.

My interview is this Tuesday.. AHH! :) What is the day like? essay.. interview.. campus tour.. anything else?!

And showing up on time is definitely important! :) good luck this time around!

And, UGA is doing early acceptance this year? How do you know that?

Heh, well, had I not arrived late last time, I am pretty sure the way it would have gone down was: You get there and they sit you in a room with several other interviewees and you are given about 30-45 minutes to write an essay; they then give a presentation via powerpoint; your group of interviewees is then joined by current students and one person is taken to be interviewed for a variable amount of time. During the time you spend not being interviewed the current students answer your questions and the like. And I think that is where it ends.

From what I remember, it was much more laid back then I thought it was going to be. Because of the way the interviews are organized they also didnt seem too displeased with my being late.... though it still looked very unprofessional.

My interview is this Tuesday.. AHH! :) What is the day like? essay.. interview.. campus tour.. anything else?!

And showing up on time is definitely important! :) good luck this time around!

And, UGA is doing early acceptance this year? How do you know that?
they are doing early acceptance, it's new.

how'd the interview go belle? maybe this is the last group of interviews they look at before making the first round of acceptances....good luck everyone! praying for my acceptance :)

ps thepheonician... do you think being a guy gives me an advantage of being accepted? it seems like the school has a lot more females so I didn't know if they try and keep it more even? haha just a thought to make me feel more likley to get accepted.

haha, our class is about 2/3 female i would say so i'm not sure if they put preference on men. But you're right, a lot of the interviewees have been females. Odd.

it's odd that hardly any uga applicants comment on these boards, idk why.

yea i believe so, i haven't had a chance to visit any this week, it's been a rough week.

:D Hello all, i already had an interview last Thursday 1/28 at 1 pm. Do you guys know how many interviewees who have been interviewed before February 15 ( the date 25 acceptance will be mailed out) are there?
Thanks for all of your answers in advance.

yea i believe so, i haven't had a chance to visit any this week, it's been a rough week.

haha I hear you, Good luck! Let us (really just me now since I guess I'm the only one checking this thread) if you happen to come across any news!

Thanks again

Hey 2014 pharmd!

looks like im not the only one here anymore! howd the interview go??

i'm pretty sure interviews started the week of jan 11th and there are 3 days per week with about 4 people at each interview with two interview times per day.. .

so I'd guess they will have about 120 people to pick from?? maybe?...are the going to mail out exactly 25 letters on feb 15th? good luck i hope we both get in!

Last edited by a moderator: