Interview attire and 2x2s

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted980501

Sorry wasn't sure if there was a more appropriate place to ask..

For one of my interviews I need to take a plane and wondering best way to keep suit safe, not damaged, and fresh.
I've heard stories of airports having leaks into passenger baggages etc. Do I just keep it with me as a carry-on?

My 2x2 photo seems to keep losing resolution after I transfer it to the school page. How serious is this issue? It's looking grainy and worried schools will think I am unprepared.

Members don't see this ad.

I heard too many horror stories about missing baggage that I'm planning on carrying my suit with me as a carry on.

Reactions: 1 user
Go to Amazon and search for Suit bag. Buy whichever ones you like.

photo resolution seems like not a big deal; perhaps send the photo to the adcoms directly?

Members don't see this ad :)
My 2x2 photo seems to keep losing resolution after I transfer it to the school page. How serious is this issue? It's looking grainy and worried schools will think I am unprepared.
as long as your picture doesn't look like an 80s video game, you should be ok

Reactions: 1 users
I plan on straight up wearing it for the flight. Is there any reason why I shouldn't?
I did several times. I also got multiple carry-on-only red-eye flights with Frontier to save money and carefully rolled my suit up in my small suitcase. A trick is to hang it in the bathroom when you take a hot shower. Fact is, they know people are driving and flying long distances with difficult timing and may not be able to change, I really don’t think a slightly rumpled suit is a concern. Worry about your performance more than your appearance as long as the outfit itself is appropriate. They expect professionalism but not perfectionism.

Reactions: 2 users
pack your suit in your carryon. tons of YouTube videos on how to do it. unless youre dressed in comme des garcons then it wont mess anything up

No need to place it in your carry on. Purchase a suit bag then take it with you. There is no extra charge for things like that including umbrellas, etc. They don't count as a carry on so you can still bring a carry-on alongside those things.

Make sure the suit bag is water proof, etc.