-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Interview Attire for girls
Started by cirocboyz
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Girls have more clothing choices then boys do. The look is fine, but remember 95% of the other girls will be wearing Black, gray or navy blue pants suit/skirt with a white shirt. I’ve always worn something with a pop of color. A black pant suit with a red shirt, or even black slacks and shirt with a royal blue or burgundy jacket.Is this too ok for an interview attire or is it too fancy?
I think it looks good too, maybe a little too short for the skirt, but the color and design seem appropriate!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After I posted I took a second look at the skirt and thought the same thing. I guess a short skirt is one way to get the admissions board to remember you!I think it looks good too, maybe a little too short for the skirt, but the color and design seem appropriate!
Whatever you get, make sure you try sitting in it first. If the skirt is already short when you’re standing, it might be way too short when you sit. The outfit is so cute though! Not sure about for an interview because of the length.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I had a girl at one of my interviewers wear a red (maroon-ish) dress that looked nice. I was a little surprised to see it since the rest of the female applicants were wearing the standard black pantsuit kind of deal.
I’m always jealous of the dress suit combo. I was too scared to go for it but if you’re careful, they look nice!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Wait so you're a girl and you choose the name cirocboyz?
I think we're too scared to wear colors to these interviews. I mean dressing professional doesn't have to mean all being in black, it's kinda depressing. (Though I also don't encourage wearing flashy bright colors either lol)I had a girl at one of my interviews wear a red (maroon-ish) dress that looked nice. I was a little surprised to see it since the rest of the female applicants were wearing the standard black pantsuit kind of deal.
I think we're too scared to wear colors to these interviews. I mean dressing professional doesn't have to mean all being in black, it's kinda depressing. (Though I also don't encourage wearing flashy bright colors either lol)
"If nicki Minaj thinks it looks good, don't wear it" has always been a good motto
No, not conservative enough
I wore something very similar to this, except in the navy color :') I thought it was an excellent choice because all five other women who were interviewing with me were wearing plain black pant suits with boring shirts underneath and boring plain shoes. I stood out and looked just as professional but wasn't afraid to let my outfit show my personality. As a note though, I am extremely petite and this skirt went down to my knees so it was not short what-so-ever and I also wore sheer stockings underneath to boost the professionalism of the outfit. In my opinion, it's good to show some style and it also makes you appear confident if you don't just blend in with everyone else because it shows you aren't afraid to be yourself. Pick a cute/stylish outfit and wear some cute shoes (no stilettos, closed toed heels, heel no bigger than 2"). You'll stand out and it will feel great!Is this too ok for an interview attire or is it too fancy?
Last edited:
let my outfit show my personality
???
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you get admission in that school?I just LOLed because this outfit from Anne Taylor is literally exactly what I wore to an interview yesterday, except in the navy color :') I thought it was an excellent choice because all five other women who were interviewing with me were wearing plain black pant suits with boring shirts underneath and boring plain shoes. I stood out and looked just as professional but wasn't afraid to let my outfit show my personality. As a note though, I am extremely petite and this skirt went down to my knees so it was not short what-so-ever and I also wore sheer stockings underneath to boost the professionalism of the outfit. In my opinion, it's good to show some style and it also makes you appear confident if you don't just blend in with everyone else because it shows you aren't afraid to be yourself. Pick a cute/stylish outfit and wear some cute shoes (no stilettos, closed toed heels, heel no bigger than 2"). You'll stand out and it will feel great!
Ha why is this a question? Many people express themselves through their clothing choices. It is important that the interview outfit be very professional and conservative, but there is nothing wrong with having some style and not just wearing the same thing that everyone else is wearing.
I wear scrubs everyday, what does that say about my personality besides lazy af?Ha why is this a question? Many people express themselves through their clothing choices. It is important that the interview outfit be very professional and conservative, but there is nothing wrong with having some style and not just wearing the same thing that everyone else is wearing.
The handbag doesn't quite matter. At almost all of my interviews, I had a place to leave my belongings and just went to see the interviewer with a folder and a pen. Most girls wore pants, but as long as you look professional and stay within the black/navy/grey colors, all's good. Chances are your interviewers will be dressed in something far less formal than you are anyways (scrubs or business casual).