Interview Attire - Male

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted771467

I've read much about Professional School interview attires here on SDN. Though the general consensus is to go for a conservative look, I think it really won't matter that much as long as I don't go for something crazy.

My question is for those of you with experience in professional environments. Would a grey suit with a black shirt and a grey tie be outside the realm of a professional school interview?

Thank you for the input!

IMG_8955.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

It wouldn’t be out of the norm. I think a white shirt with the same combo you stated would look really professional though. Something about all the dark colors just reminds me of high school homecoming for some reason. Just my opinion though.

Reactions: 2 users
Grey/black/grey would be fine but I agree that white shirt is a bit more conventional (I tend to follow the 'tie should be darker than shirt' rule). I'd notice the black shirt but wouldn't think much of it. If it makes you feel good/confident then by all means go for it.

Reactions: 2 users