interview attire

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anotherhopeful

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what kinda suits are you wearing to interviews? black? navy? white??? just kidding

Members don't see this ad.

If you do a search there are plenty of topics discussing this. :)

true, but I did a search for "facial hair" and didnt find anything. Is there an opinion for goatees or sideburns on men?

Members don't see this ad :)
Good question :)

I can't stress this enough...wear clothes!! My first interview, I decided to go in the buff to show that I had nothing to hide...big mistake... :(

velocypedalist said:
I can't stress this enough...wear clothes!! My first interview, I decided to go in the buff to show that I had nothing to hide...big mistake... :(

BIG mistake, or little one? :D

bleh.....

seriously though...I am curious as far as the facial hair goes. Is a groomed goatee bad? Or does it portray the "youg punk" type look? In a nutshell, is it a negative or positive thing?

thnx....

I really don't know and I am a female. But I would think that as long as your facial hair is nicely and neatly groomed, it's all good. *shrug*

NubianPrincess said:
BIG mistake, or little one? :D

BIG mistake...i think my interviewer felt threatened... :D

that's what I was thinking....still not sure however what I'll do. It's a first impression thing I think...

we'll see....

-utopify

I highly suggest pork chop sideburns and a gigantic fro. :idea:

I went to a interview prep. workshop yesterday and our pre-med advisor told the guys to be completely clean shaven. She said she was sitting in on an ad comm meeting and saw them reject someone because his hair was too long! However, I AM from Texas and on some issues we seem to be a lot more conservative. I would guess that it varies. I don't see why neatly trimmed facial hair would be a problem.

Utopify said:
bleh.....

seriously though...I am curious as far as the facial hair goes. Is a groomed goatee bad? Or does it portray the "youg punk" type look? In a nutshell, is it a negative or positive thing?

thnx....

This is just my opinion, but I think that if you have to even question what it will portray you as, then it's best to avoid altogether. You don't need to chance the school's perception of you based on something like that. I'd recommend just waiting until after you get those acceptances :)