interview before new mcat scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

troutangler

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever received an interview from a DO school, before the scores of a retake mcat were released? I have a competitive mcat score for DO schools, however I am going to retake to try to be more competitive. Will DO schools wait to interview until the new scores or will they interview if original score is good enough? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone ever received an interview from a DO school, before the scores of a retake mcat were released? I have a competitive mcat score for DO schools, however I am going to retake to try to be more competitive. Will DO schools wait to interview until the new scores or will they interview if original score is good enough? Thanks.

I know certain schools do extend automatic interviews if your MCAT and GPA meet a pre-determined cut-off.

If you indicate on your application that you are taking the MCAT again, they will usually delay a decision on your application for this, but I don't know if this includes the automatic interview or not.

I know certain schools do extend automatic interviews if your MCAT and GPA meet a pre-determined cut-off.

If you indicate on your application that you are taking the MCAT again, they will usually delay a decision on your application for this, but I don't know if this includes the automatic interview or not.

Which schools operate on this " automatic interview" system if they meet the number criteria?

Members don't see this ad :)
Which schools operate on this " automatic interview" system if they meet the number criteria?

I believe DMU (called fast-track), and MSU (even have an automatic acceptance without interview). There are probably others, but I know those two for sure.

I believe DMU (called fast-track), and MSU (even have an automatic interview without interview). There are probably others, but I know those two for sure.

I can attest to DMU. Altho I didn't know it was automatic. Makes me feel better about getting waitlisted there, they didn't even see my app until interview time :laugh:

They will interview you before the new MCAT score is released but will hold their decision for the new score. I'm sure there are exceptions. Good luck!:luck: