interview call from NYU ...........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sanju

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
i am starting a new thread for those like me who have sent their applications out in october and stll have not heard from NYU. i sent my application in the 3rd week of october. all they have told me is that they are reviewing it and have recieved all the required documents. anyone in the same position. if any one in the same situation does recieve a call from NYU do post it in this thread it will be of real help to people like us.

sanju

Members don't see this ad.

I sent mine in the 2nd week of October.... I'm just like you.

hey sanju,

i just gave the NYU guys a call.
The lady told me that she sent out interview letters yesterday..so all u guys mite recieve interview letters by next week.

I JUST hopppppe we all get an intervew letter!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
hi sanju,
i too called up nyu but the reply was that they can not say anything about the application status over the phone

hi Sanju

I called NYU yesterday and they told me that they cannot tell anything on phone.

Thanks meggs, callous K9 , Anjolie, Bond. i think we just have to wait.

sanju

hi all,
i too have sent in my application in 2nd week of october..no news yet...:(and they dont tell u anything over the phone....:rolleyes:

Hey Callous

Did they said what date will those interviews invites take place?

Hi all,
i think we should just wait and i am quite sure that those letters which were supposedly mailed on thursday will have ours too. i think what they did is, they interviewed people who had applied maybe in july and august(typically people who have taken the part 1 in december). and people like us who have applied in september/ october might be in the next phase of interviews being held probably in january. i think we just need to wait, although i do check my mail everyday hoping to see the letter. all the best to everyone and hope all of us recieve the letter soon.

sanju

I HOPE WHAT U SAID IS RIGHT:(

hey guys.

i called up NYU on monday this week.That time a lady picked up and i remember her CLEARLY telling me that she had just mailed out some interview letters that day...
I wanted to again recheck on this matter...so i called up to confirm....
today a guy picked up the recieveer..and i asked him whether they have mailed out the interview letters on monday...he said..
its not the interview letters..but they are the approval letters that were mailed out on monday.!!!!

its so crazy!!! and i know that i wasnt misquoting.!!!!!!!
ANywyas....as of today....this guys says..so far nothing has been mailed out...even if we have to recieve an interview letter..they will be sceduled for jan.!
bad luck !!!!!!
:confused:

hope hope hope hope hope llwe hear frm someone...ANYONE!!!

...and america is a land of opportunities!

well...it mebbe...but not fer dentists!!!!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Callous K9
...and america is a land of opportunities!

well...it mebbe...but not fer dentists!!!!:rolleyes:
thanx k9 for the news...i swear these people are trying our patience...we have to wait 3 months for an interview and the another 1 or 2 months for the results...:mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys.

i called up NYU on monday this week.That time a lady picked up and i remember her CLEARLY telling me that she had just mailed out some interview letters that day...
today a guy picked up the recieveer..and i asked him whether they have mailed out the interview letters on monday...he said..
its not the interview letters..but they are the approval letters that were mailed out on monday.!!!!

ANywyas....as of today....this guys says..so far nothing has been mailed out...even if we have to recieve an interview letter..they will be sceduled for jan.!
bad luck !!!!!!

Originally posted by mili
thanx k9 for the news...i swear these people are trying our patience...we have to wait 3 months for an interview and the another 1 or 2 months for the results...:mad:

Hi Callous K9 and mili,
i swear NYU is trying our patience. and apparently one can get easily into nyu. cant imagine what the other schools do. i am really getting worked up with the NYU thing

sanju

Originally posted by Sanju
hey guys.

bad luck !!!!!!

Hi Callous K9 and mili,
i swear NYU is trying our patience. and apparently one can get easily into nyu. cant imagine what the other schools do. i am really getting worked up with the NYU thing

hi guys,
i too rechecked with NYU this morning. the guy there gave me the same answer he gave callous K9. they are goign to think whether or not to call people for interviews. this is quite ridiculous. dont youll think so. i have an interview with upenn and bu in jan but i am not hoping too much from it.

sanju

sanju

hi guys,
i too rechecked with NYU this morning. the guy there gave me the same answer he gave callous K9. they are goign to think whether or not to call people for interviews. this is quite ridiculous. dont youll think so. i have an interview with upenn and bu in jan but i am not hoping too much from it.

sanju

hi guys,

sanju
does that mean the class is already decided and they wouldn't even interview more people???:( i hope thats not true??

hope so too,. i wouldnt imagine that the class would be full already. we have no other option but wait. when did you apply mili?

sanju

hi sanju,
i applied in october 2nd week...and this whole thing sucks...worse is these people dont even tell what is happening with ur application on the phone :rolleyes:

i donno..i just given up on going to school next year.!!
i got a reject frm Upenn after ther interview...
i had applied to NYu in sept....and still waiting on it.

Is ther ANYONE who applied to NYU in sept /oct...and got an interview call??? please write back.it will help all of us to gauge the probability.

I applied to BU the VERY last minute..i would say..my completed aplpication reached them only on this tuesday..BUt i really dont have my hopes on boston...cos i gave it toooooo late. I just wanted it to float around!!....mebbe next to next yr...it might come of use..!!

I wish sommmbody knew the NYU mystery.IT never happend before ever. WHY in the world does EVERYbody say...

" ohh...NYu...its daaam easy to get into if u even have a passing score""...
i guess that statement kept my hopes alive until now.

i got an 87..prt1..250toefl...n 2.63gpa.
anyone..who got an interview with scores similar to mine..please lemme know ,how n when u applied.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sanju, mili,
I do not think that the class is full. They might be mailing out acceptance letters to those candidates which they selected after the intervie in November. If they have told that they might call more people in January in interview, be hopeful that you will be in that list.

hi there....

am really sorry guys.. i might dissapoint u .. but i wanted to make things clearer for u all.........

i too applied in october 2nd week... ( i gave my part 1 in july 2003)and i hav recieved my interview calll letter in 1st week of november and i attended on nov 13......

i am just writing all this to let u know that there r some people who had given in july and finished interviews... hope this inf might help u......

all the best for all those who r waiting..... i am sure that class is not full yet..... its just the matter of time all of u will get calls ........

thanks a lot cods. no you did not disappoint us. could yuo post your stats. and do you thuink we still have a chance there? also how did your interview go? what questions did they ask you? also all the very best for your results from NYU.

sanju

hi sanju....

thank you.....

actually i have written everything in prev threads.... so lemme make it short for u....

part 1 .. 88, gpa 3.6, toefl 257...

interview was very cool..... my interviwer just asked y nyu? nothing much personal que.... most of the time he told me all abt nyu..... n i seriously dont hav a clue abt wat r the chances..... i met few of my seniors there n they said its very cool....n everybody will get selected ultimately....

n abt me i got selected in USC, so not quite waiting abt the NYU result...
all the best for all u guys..........:)

Originally posted by cods
hi sanju....

thank you.....

actually i have written everything in prev threads.... so lemme make it short for u....

part 1 .. 88, gpa 3.6, toefl 257...

interview was very cool..... my interviwer just asked y nyu? nothing much personal que.... most of the time he told me all abt nyu..... n i seriously dont hav a clue abt wat r the chances..... i met few of my seniors there n they said its very cool....n everybody will get selected ultimately....

n abt me i got selected in USC, so not quite waiting abt the NYU result...
all the best for all u guys..........:)

hi cods,
thanks fr the reply. my stats are pretty similiar to yours except fr the GPA . my GPA is quite low.(2.53) hope that will not really cause a problem in NYU. what do you think. all the best and hope you get into NYU for 2004. all the best. did they give you any idea when they are starting the next batch of interviews. i am too tensed about not hearing from them.

sanju

hi cods,
i think i read the message in a hurry. congratulations on your acceptance in USC. all the best for the future.

sanju

hi cods,
i think i read the message in a hurry. congratulations on your acceptance in USC. all the best for the future.

sanju
hii guys my name is raj and i have applied to nyu in 2 week of october and havent heard from them yet they had send me a mail telling that i require one more document to complete my application and i mailed that the next day i still donot know why i havenot heard from them are they still sending interview letters my scores are part1 93 toefl 270 anf gpa 3.2 please let me know if some one know anything

hi guys,did any of u get the results from nyu which was mailed on the 1st?i know a lot of you are expecting it including me,generally its believed that acceptences are mailed first as days go by my hopes go down

hey guys,
yeah i just received acceptance letter from NYU.
so about my stats: part 1:86, toefl- 263, Gpa 3.06
sent application in september last week, got interview call letter on 8th october and was interviewed on 20th november and got acceptance letter on 7th december.
i m writing all these to help u guys who are waiting for their interview calls from NYU.
all the best and i know u will hear from them soon.
smi

Hi Smi,

Congratualations!!!!! on acceptance letter.

When did you get it ?

where do you live? I am alos waiting and have not yet got any mail .

Thanks

hi samudrasi,
i live in new jersey and i got my acceptance letter yesterday.
all the best and wish u will receive a letter soon.
smi

Sanju:

I called the lady at NYU today,and she mentioned nothing about sending me 4 an interview.:( I sent my app on 14/10.She just said that my app is complete,and they will contact me if they reach a decision.

Originally posted by sam3
Sanju:

I called the lady at NYU today,and she mentioned nothing about sending me 4 an interview.:( I sent my app on 14/10.She just said that my app is complete,and they will contact me if they reach a decision.

sam3,
NYU has the policy of not telling anything over the phone..u will recieve a letter from us is their standard answer..guess got to wait..there is nothing pretty much we can do about it...:rolleyes:

Hi mili:

I do understand that,but I think that since I sent my app 7 weeks ago they should at least tell me somthing new:eek: .

Let me say 4 example,

she could tell me:you may recieve an interview call next january .........or February..............or whatever!!!!!!!!.

Or never expect any thing befor january..........Did you get my point milli????just let them give me the feeling that there is something is really under process :eek:

Hi mili:

I do understand that,but I think that since I sent my app 7 weeks ago they should at least tell me somthing new:eek: .

Let me say 4 example,

she could tell me:you may recieve an interview call next january .........or February..............or whatever!!!!!!!!.

Or never expect any thing befor january..........Did you get my point milli????just let them give me the feeling that there is something is really under process :eek:

hi sam,
i exactly understand what u feel..and its really irritating when they dont tell us anything about whats happening with our applications...i too sent in my application around the 2nd week of october ..but have so far not heard from them..:(

mili n sam.
mebbe both of u will feel better.to know dat...that i sent my application in sept (one mnth before u guys did)/..and still havent recieved any mail!!
:rolleyes:

OH my God.....................R U serious??????:confused:

Sanju:

hi sam3,
i called NYU today. got the exact same reply. sometimes i feel that they should start an automated system. at least she wont have the trouble of talking.

sanju

hahah...sanju!!!its nice to see some sense of humor in a frustated sentence.

i got interview call from nyu .

hi ivshah,
congratulations..on recieving the interview call
when did u get ur interview call and when did u apply to nyu??

hi!
I just got it today. I applied in nov. end. so i think you guys also get it soon.

ivshah...whats ur score like??
i'm also anxiously waiting for nyu interview letters..

I sent my app on 17th october and called today,..............nothing new:rolleyes: .She did not mention any interview letter being sent 2 me................anyone with a similar situation:rolleyes: :confused: ???

hi all,
NUY is sending interview letters,i recieved it on saturday. :)

congrats joey
....anybody who's got the interview call..plz let us know....

I sent my app on 17th october and called today,..............nothing new:rolleyes: .She did not mention any interview letter being sent 2 me................anyone with a similar situation:rolleyes: :confused: ???

hi sam3,
i too am in the same situation as you.NYU people refuse to tell anything on the phone.seems like we will have to keep waiting even longer.:eek:

no letter from NYU.:( . still waiting.:( :( :(

sanju

Originally posted by Callous K9
congrats joey
....anybody who's got the interview call..plz let us know....

Hi ,I too got the interview call from nyu on Saturday,,,I had applied there in the end of November. I think u all will receive it soon..
Happy holidays!
Priti.

hi joey,
can u please tell me ur score,because i am also waiting for nyu call.
thanks