interview flights

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grasshopper

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, ignoring the present AMCAS situation and being optimistic, do any of you guys know of good, cheap, short notice types of travel deals for students for things like interviews? I live basically across the country of almost all the schools I'm applying to. How much time to they give you to figure it out? Are there student deals out there for airline tickets?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey grasshopper,
I am assuming you are going west to east? If so, you can check out ATA--they are ultra cheap if you don't mind connecting in Midway. Also, I loved travelocity for trying to find flights and now the sidestep.com is giving it a run for the money. Also, if you have time to spare, you can always priceline it and pick a price that works for you! Good luck!

I don't know too much about this, but if you are a premedical member of AMSA (American Medical Student Association), they supposedly can get you cheaper flights for interviews. I have never done it, so can't vouch for it, but will be trying to use it when I (hopefully) go for interviews. If anyone knows more about this feedback is welcome.