Interview flight questions

Started by aayz345
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

For the most risk averse: Fly in the night or day before. It is often cheaper to book a flight with connections + hotel stay than a direct flight on the day of the interview.

Other benefit is having extra time to experience the location.
 
For the most risk averse: Fly in the night or day before. It is often cheaper to book a flight with connections + hotel stay than a direct flight on the day of the interview.

Other benefit is having extra time to experience the location.

I’d say this is usually essential, not just for the risk averse. Most interviews start in the morning, so you’re pretty unlikely to find a flight that lands in time the day of.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In ~50 flights I have not had any issues with American, seems like they are starting to get a lot of new planes as well. Obviously the luck of the draw it seems. Southwest typically costs $100 more for me since I never check bags, but I am using them for interviews solely for that free change/cancellation credit policy. I have rebooked my same flight and got $50 back in credits (they expire in 1 year). As for the people that take their sweet time getting off, remember there are some people that need extra assistance and can take a while longer. I can stand up and grab my suitcase and be moving in under 3 seconds. If I have my suitcase in the overhead ahead of me, I can grab it without slowing my pace. If you checked your baggage, why be in such a rush? I have never had my luggage beat me to baggage claim, even when sitting in the last row. I would rather complain about the people that block the hallways of airports and walk 0.2 mph then stop and talk right in the middle of those walking. Or people that are so obsessed with boarding the plan that they block the entire walking area, despite not boarding until group 65.
 
In ~50 flights I have not had any issues with American, seems like they are starting to get a lot of new planes as well. Obviously the luck of the draw it seems. Southwest typically costs $100 more for me since I never check bags, but I am using them for interviews solely for that free change/cancellation credit policy. I have rebooked my same flight and got $50 back in credits (they expire in 1 year). As for the people that take their sweet time getting off, remember there are some people that need extra assistance and can take a while longer. I can stand up and grab my suitcase and be moving in under 3 seconds. If I have my suitcase in the overhead ahead of me, I can grab it without slowing my pace. If you checked your baggage, why be in such a rush? I have never had my luggage beat me to baggage claim, even when sitting in the last row. I would rather complain about the people that block the hallways of airports and walk 0.2 mph then stop and talk right in the middle of those walking. Or people that are so obsessed with boarding the plan that they block the entire walking area, despite not boarding until group 65.

People who stand up the second the Seatbelt light goes off are the worst.
 
Fine, I haven't actually flown southwest much, but I've heard they are the best...

They have been the best ime having flown many many times with all the major airlines. I was also in an in-flight emergency that required an emergency landing and the crew was extremely professional and got us down safely. Would definitely fly SW.