Interview Gear Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Love that Casio. Might have to get one myself.

As someone who grew up quite poor and is now closer to middle class but still has the mindset of a much poorer person, I find the idea of spending several hundred dollars on a watch or a pair of shoes quite horrifying and almost comical. I guess if I had any interest whatsoever in fashion or clothes I would change my mindset as my income rises, though.

Either way, I'll be secretly mirin' you good-smelling guys rocking those well-tailored suits...

I'm with you on the watches. $20-50 Timex does the same thing as a $400 Hamilton or whoever was funny enough to post the Rolex. Watches are a much more expensive luxury market than shoes and I surely doubt adcoms expect a college student to own even an entry level luxury piece.

Shoes I may disagree with, however. A $200 pair of AEs or even Cole Haans will be way worth it when they're still wearable a decade from now when the $50 Dressports died after a year of moderate wear.

Love that Casio. Might have to get one myself.

As someone who grew up quite poor and is now closer to middle class but still has the mindset of a much poorer person, I find the idea of spending several hundred dollars on a watch or a pair of shoes quite horrifying and almost comical. I guess if I had any interest whatsoever in fashion or clothes I would change my mindset as my income rises, though.

Either way, I'll be secretly mirin' you good-smelling guys rocking those well-tailored suits...

I feel ya brah. I grew up entirely on clearance rack clothing from big box department stores. I love my parents though and I don't blame them a bit, they grew up in one of the worst famines of the 20th century and their spending habits are reflective of that. It's really something that I've only gotten into since I've started working for myself and making my own spending money.