Interview hair code

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bincx1602

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
People have talked a lot about dress code in general and advise pre-meds to be a bit more on the conservative side. I am wondering what adcoms think about those who dye their hair with an unnatural color (let's say platinum silver). Also if medical students dye their hair, would that be an issue?

Members don't see this ad.

Once upon a time

People have talked a lot about dress code in general and advise pre-meds to be a bit more on the conservative side. I am wondering what adcoms think about those who dye their hair with an unnatural color (let's say platinum silver). Also if medical students dye their hair, would that be an issue?
If you like this look and it suits you, keep it nicely trimmed and color touched up and be yourself at your interviews

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For interviews: Older folks like me have a natural silver color. If it looks unnatural, it looks odd like drawing attention to yourself feel. I would be more on a conservative side. Remember that you are there for an interview, not to make a fashion statement. Some schools are very strict on dress code, some are not- so the answer to the second question is it depends on where you go.

Reactions: 1 users
I had blue hair, nobody cared. It’s tasteful and done on the underside so my natural blonde is still on top, but again nobody cared.

I go to a Midwest school that’s more liberal though, so just keep in mind the culture of the region.

Reactions: 3 users