Interview help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

busybee123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
From what I've heard from current students, interviews mostly look out for red flags and how you fit in with the school. So I guess the best thing for you to do is make sure to emphasize ways in which your experiences and ideals align with the school's. Obviously don't lie but in what ways have you decided THIS is the school you want? Is it their dedication to volunteer work because you also love volunteer work? Is it their international mission trips because you have done missions? Etc..... As for red flags, maybe write out notes for how you answer key questions like why you want to be a doctor and why that school in order to see if anything you are saying is potentially negative. For example, wanting to go into medicine for prestige or money or power or just simply to help people (elaborate on this one).

Regardless just show your best self and be positive! (easier said than done)

Hope that helps?

I found that by organizing your your experiences and involvement that describe who you are as an applicant into themes, it helps smooth things out during an interview. This will avoid having to remember specific responses for specific questions which will give you more confidence. However, standard questions like why DO, why medicine, etc you should know ahead of time some things you would want to highlight. Just remember that everyone interviewing is nervous as well so it's all about sticking to what you know in yourself and how you present it to the interviewers.

Hi everyone! I'm currently in the application cycle, and I've received 4 interviews so far, two of which I've already attended. I'm normally a very confident and well thought out person, but lately my self esteem has plummeted because of a few personal issues.

My first two interviews were at my top 2 schools and the second one definitely was better than the first but I still feel internally really shaky and not worth it. I got waitlisted at the first school which was really saddening for me, and I'm hoping I did well enough for the second school. But, I need some tips and help. How do I get more confident at these interviews? I'm normally really good in professional settings, but I can't help but shake this dark cloud lately.
Practice makes perfect, and read these
Goro's Guide to Interviews
Goro's Guide to Interviews: The View from Behind the Curtain

Reactions: 1 user