Interview Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ForceField

Impervious
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to SDN, but have found the site very helpful.

I had my first interview a week ago, in which I interviewed separately with 3 people. One of the interviewers seemed to contradict everything I was saying, even the things I was saying that didn't even seem like they should be contradicted, and I was a bit taken aback.

Are they told to act this way to the applicants, just to see how they respond? I don't really know how the interview went, and would like some feedback on future interviews that may seem like this.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome to SDN!! I always say, finding SDN is half the battle of getting into med school. Some interviewers like to do what is called a "stress" interview. Basically they just want to see if you can handle a difficult situation without losing your cool. Most interviews are not like this, and it's too bad you had to face this at your first school. But just learn from it, and be prepared for all manner of questions and attitudes from interviewers. Best of luck with your applications. :)