Interview Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PremedForever

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know any good places to get interview help? This is my 3rd time applying, I always get a good number of interviews (like 6 or 7) and then either get denied or waitlisted. I can't afford to do this again, and I'm willing to accept that I don't interview well...but I want to get better. Know any companies or services that offer interview preparation so I can practice before my interviews start?

Members don't see this ad.

have you tried contacting the schools youve interviewed with in the past to see where you went wrong?

undergraduate schools usually have a service where they do mock interviews to fine tune everything

find a place that offers mock interviews (your undergrad, sometimes kaplan) or ask professors or professionals you are acquainted with to sit with you and ask you questions from a list of common interview questions

Members don't see this ad :)
have you tried contacting the schools youve interviewed with in the past to see where you went wrong?

undergraduate schools usually have a service where they do mock interviews to fine tune everything
I'd first recommend contacting the schools. I thought I was a poor interviewee, but it turned out that I had bad LORs and did not "sell myself" well in my applications. Definitely ask those schools what your weaknesses were and how you may address them.

I'd first recommend contacting the schools. I thought I was a poor interviewee, but it turned out that I had bad LORs and did not "sell myself" well in my applications. Definitely ask those schools what your weaknesses were and how you may address them.

I don't get why schools invite people they likely wouldn't accept anyway based on their paper application...I'd rather save my money.

Does anyone know any good places to get interview help? This is my 3rd time applying, I always get a good number of interviews (like 6 or 7) and then either get denied or waitlisted. I can't afford to do this again, and I'm willing to accept that I don't interview well...but I want to get better. Know any companies or services that offer interview preparation so I can practice before my interviews start?

This is my nightmare...I also have 6 interviews and I am afraid I will fail all. Had one interview already and no word :scared: