interview invite schedule?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MCATMAN45

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is it late in the game if I haven't heard from michigan, columbia, northwestern, stanford, the harvard programs? I thought my stats were good enough that I'd get interviews at some of these programs. just wondering if I should start writing letters of interest or something even before I've been offered an interview.

my stats:
step 1: 250
step 2: 259
class rank 32/168 (not aoa)

have interviews at many other programs, mostly "mid tier" places.

Members don't see this ad.

is it late in the game if I haven't heard from michigan, columbia, northwestern, stanford, the harvard programs? I thought my stats were good enough that I'd get interviews at some of these programs. just wondering if I should start writing letters of interest or something even before I've been offered an interview.

my stats:
step 1: 250
step 2: 259
class rank 32/168 (not aoa)

have interviews at many other programs, mostly "mid tier" places.

You will hear from most of those places one way or another. Unless you get an interview, you will never hear from Stanford. The HMS programs can be +/- either. My personal opinion is that LOIs are a huge waste of time but there's enough anecdotal evidence for them that it's probably not the end of world to do it.

Looking at the Interview list thread, Michigan and NW have given out a bunch of interviews, Stanford has probably only invited the AOA/PhD crowd and the HMS schools havent' offered up anything yet. So if I were you, I'd chill on it for a week and see what happens.

Michigan has 1/14 interview days left. I think Columbia tends to send interviews throughout November. Not sure about Northwestern though, anyone know if they tend to send out a decent number in November?

Members don't see this ad :)
michigan would be high on my rank list... disappointed they haven't offered. do you think I should express interest somehow if they only have 1 interview date left?

just got U-Penn today

michigan would be high on my rank list... disappointed they haven't offered. do you think I should express interest somehow if they only have 1 interview date left?

just got U-Penn today

If you got Penn, then I'd be patient.

Dean's letters came out, like when?

Oh that's right?!?!

Tuesday!

:lame:

just got U-Penn today

IMO You will get somewhere in the "top 8" or whatever it is. Like you I am really hoping for Michigan, NU, Chicago, etc. At least you have Penn! Good luck! :luck: