Interview Lodging Thread - Need a place to stay for the night?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATED LIST
  • AL
    • mye: (Mobile/Female/3 roommates) Minutes from South Alabama Med. Couch or air mattress, breakfast, possible transportation
  • CA
    • viciouz: (UC-Irvine) Minutes from UCI and can provide a couch and some breakfast
    • badasshairday: (UCSF)
    • mmcnam: (UC-Irvine, UCLA)
    • chemphd: (Stanford) Couch, sleeping pads, 25 minute walk to Stanford.
    • mycurlyearly: (UCSD) Couch
    • meowkat444: (LA/roommate/cats) UCLA, USC [Transportation on weekends.]
    • Dawktah Rawkah: (UCSF) 10 minutes from UCSF, Comfortable couch, food & possible transportation.
  • DC
    • IceColdPenguin: (GWU) 2 blocks from GWU med school; couch/sleeping bag
  • FL
    • SoFlaKnight: (East Orlando) UCF -- also near Disney, Seaworld, & Universal
    • xxmarkxismxx: (Gainesville) UF -- spare bedroom, 5-15 mins from medical center
    • PseudomonasPAO1: (Miami, spare bedroom) UMiami -- 25 mins from the med school via public transit; about an hour from UM Boca campus, and Nova
  • IL
    • zipmedic (Chicago): All Chicago schools. Will provide breakfast and some transportation.
    • phoenix1: (Chicago/Female) Northwestern (12 blocks away), U of C, Rush, UIC, Loyola
  • KY
    • MWK: (Lexington) Couch, 5-7 minute walk from hospital and UK campus
  • MA
    • Aynsl156: (Female) Harvard, Tufts, Boston University
    • Doctorverardoll: (Boston) Harvard 5-10 minutes away, BU, Tufts
  • MI
    • Bluesmurf314: (Ann Arbor/Female) Couch, 10 minute walk to UMMS, females only
  • MO
    • dmcR600: UMissouri, Columbia, empty bedroom w/air mattress, 1/4 mi to campus
  • MS
    • EM_Rebuilder: (Jackson/Two dogs & friend) University of Mississippi
  • NY
    • SuperHiro: (NYC) Mount Sinai, NYU
    • nycNerd: (NYC) Subway ride from Downstate, Columbia, NYU, Sinai, Cornell
    • noonday: (NYC) Subway ride from Downstate, Columbia, NYU, Sinai, Cornell, near both airports by public transit, free car ride to NYCOM, pull out sofabed
  • OH
    • proclivity: (Columbus) Couch & breakfast, OSU 5 blocks away, 20 min. from Columbus airport.
    • ryandote: (Columbus-M1) Guest room and modest breakfast. I am married and can host M/F. One of us will likely be able to pick you up from an evening flight and I'll take you to school on interview day.
  • OR
    • Vaulter: (Portland/Female) OHSU
  • PA
    • Erina: (Shadyside/Female) Right near Pitt
    • benzene21: (Female) 5 mins from Pitt, couch and breakfast
    • riceman04: (Philly) Penn, Drexel, Temple, Jefferson
    • MentorOfMinos: (Pittsburgh) Pitt, provided address & phone for verification
  • RI
    • KardiacKiehl: (Providence) Short walk from Brown with a comfortable couch
  • VA
    • MDrunner: (Virginia Beach) Minutes from EVMS and have a guest room
    • Heyonah: An hour from EVMS and MCV. Help yourself to the kitchen!
  • TX
    • aggiesarah2007: (Houston/Female) UT-Houston and Baylor
    • joshtturaider: (Lubbock) 5 mins from Texas Tech
    • Rambusanna: (Lubbock) Texas Tech nearby, no free food
INTERNATIONAL
  • United Kingdom
    • lois: (Oxford) Oxford University, 1 hour from London

Members don't see this ad.

Is there any chance people could put in the title of their posts what they're adding when they update the list? I think it'd make it easier to see what's been added.

Is there any chance people could put in the title of their posts what they're adding when they update the list? I think it'd make it easier to see what's been added.

I'd say just put the state you're adding to... for convenience. Good point, thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd say just put the state you're adding to... for convenience. Good point, thanks.
That's what I meant, to add the state. It'd be a waste of time to type everything into both.

UPDATED LIST
  • AL
    • mye: (Mobile/Female/3 roommates) Minutes from South Alabama Med. Couch or air mattress, breakfast, possible transportation
  • CA
    • viciouz: (UC-Irvine) Minutes from UCI and can provide a couch and some breakfast
    • Dawktah Rawkah: (UCSF) 10 minutes from UCSF, Comfortable couch, food & possible transportation.
  • DC
  • FL
    • xxmarkxismxx: (Gainesville) UF -- spare bedroom, 5-15 mins from medical center
    • PseudomonasPAO1: (Miami, spare bedroom) UMiami -- 25 mins from the med school via public transit; about an hour from UM Boca campus, and Nova
  • IL
    • zipmedic (Chicago): All Chicago schools. Will provide breakfast and some transportation.
    • phoenix1: (Chicago/Female) Northwestern (12 blocks away), U of C, Rush, UIC, Loyola
  • KY
  • MA
  • MI
  • MO
  • MS
  • NY
    • noonday: (NYC) Subway ride from Downstate, Columbia, NYU, Sinai, Cornell, near both airports by public transit, free car ride to NYCOM, pull out sofabed
    • verklempt: (NYC) Subway ride from Downstate, Columbia, NYU, Sinai, Cornell. Females only; modest breakfast; air mattress.
  • OH
    • proclivity: (Columbus) Couch & breakfast, OSU 5 blocks away, 20 min. from Columbus airport.
    • ryandote: (Columbus-M1) Guest room and modest breakfast. I am married and can host M/F. One of us will likely be able to pick you up from an evening flight and I'll take you to school on interview day.
  • OR
  • PA
  • RI
  • VA
  • TX
INTERNATIONAL
  • United Kingdom

Does anyone know a student in Rochester willing to host a considerate (no jokes, please) female guest ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

Does anyone know a student in Rochester willing to host a considerate (no jokes, please) female guest ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

I wouldn't worry about this. Rochester has a hosting program. In two weeks, give the interview coordinator an e-mail and she can send you a list of students volunteering for the program. GL!

I wouldn't worry about this. Rochester has a hosting program. In two weeks, give the interview coordinator an e-mail and she can send you a list of students volunteering for the program. GL!

Thanks for the heads up Jaded!:) I was deterred from asking the coordinator when i scheduled because the invite came with info about surrounding hotels.

Hi, I just got my first interview in Vermont. Does anyone know if there are any student lodging arrangements? I am so broke it's ridiculous! I would really appreciate any replies. In fact, I am quite cuddly and a good cook and would be willing to trade cooking a meal or two for my stay. :) French toast, dusted with powdered sugar and covered in fresh strawberries anyone?

Also, my boyfriend and I live in Davis, California. He is also applying to medical school. I know most of you probably want to stay with someone who is already a med student, but the options may be limited here in Davis. We have a guest bedroom and he loves to cook as well. So, if you don't mind doggies (we have a lab mix, named Chamood--Hebrew for cute--) then you are more than welcome to stay with us. Includes airport rides, etc. :D

anyone at UVA or Upstate (syracuse) lookin to help out a broke dude from pittsburgh?? will be interviewing early september at each school fyi... i'm just a normal, non-smelly, sports loving kid lookin for a place to stay that's all.

if not, thanks to everyone else putting themselves on the list at their respective schools, a very generous service indeed.

howdy! i can host someone with a simple breakfast in columbus, ohio. i'm a male w/a gf but i'd have you on the couch downstairs so m/f whatever. i live a block from osu campus, but the med school is across campus, so add a few blocks in there. it's very walkable or i don't mind showing you the bus that'll take you right there if you're lazy :p. my e-mail's [email protected] if u need to get a hold of me.

UVM has a fantastic overnight hosting program. Just email [email protected], and she will send you a list of students willing to host you.

Members don't see this ad :)
As a Chicago resident, let me just warn you that you don't want to crash at Northwestern if your interview is at UChicago (Pritzker), and vice versa. It takes at least 2 hours by public transportation to get from one place to the other. So you people who have offered both UofC and Northwestern... where do you live, exactly?

I can offer space on my fouton for those applying to Pritzker... I'm a UofC student who lives in Hyde Park.

Is anyone in the Winston-Salem area willing to let me crash with them for a night? I just got the interview invite, so I am unsure about the specific date right now. PM me or post a reply here if you can. Thanks!

UPDATED LIST
  • AL
  • CA
    • Julietcf14: (UCI, UCLA, USC and UCSD) 15 min from UCI; 45 min from UCLA and USC; 1hr from Loma Linda; and 1hr from UCSD. Messy guest room available for a night
  • DC
  • FL
  • IL
  • KY
  • MA
  • MI
  • MO
  • MS
  • NY
    • verklempt: (NYC) Subway ride from Downstate, Columbia, NYU, Sinai, Cornell. Females only; modest breakfast; air mattress.
  • OH
  • OR
  • PA
  • RI
  • VA
  • TX
INTERNATIONAL
  • United Kingdom

UPDATED LIST
  • AL
  • CA
    • Julietcf14: (UCI, UCLA, USC and UCSD) 15 min from UCI; 45 min from UCLA and USC; 1hr from Loma Linda; and 1hr from UCSD. Messy guest room available for a night
  • DC
  • FL
  • IL
  • KY
  • MA
  • MI
  • MO
  • MS
  • NY
  • OH
  • OR
  • PA
    • Erina: (Shadyside/Female) Close to Pitt, pull-out couch, willing to show you around, and you can eat my food! PM me for verification.
  • RI
  • VA
  • TX
INTERNATIONAL
  • United Kingdom

I have a place in Baltimore, pretty much right on Homewood campus, but there's a shuttle in the morning that goes straight to Hopkins med school. The shuttle also drops you off somewhere pretty close to UMaryland medical school..I think.

I'm a female, living with my boyfriend, and we have an air mattress (for now). I can give you tips to get from the airport to the Homewood campus pretty easily for about 4 dollars :) I don't mind couch crashers of either gender, as long as I get to know you a little bit first! And I'll apologize in advance if I can't accommodate everyone! Oh, and my screen name is : Thedrunkensong

Does anybody live around Vanderbilt? They're my first (and so far only) invitation to interview and I've never been to TN. Thanks!

UPDATED LIST
  • AL
  • CA
  • DC
  • FL
  • IL
  • KY
  • MA
  • MI
  • MO
  • MS
  • NY
    • SuperHiro: (NYC) Mount Sinai, NYU, Cornell
  • OH
  • OR
  • PA
    • Erina: (Shadyside/Female) Close to Pitt, pull-out couch, willing to show you around, and you can eat my food! PM me for verification.
  • RI
  • VA
  • TX
INTERNATIONAL
  • United Kingdom

Lodging 10 min from UCSD & about 1 hour from UCI....15 min from Tijuana Mexico for after the interview!!!!:hardy:... couch and possible transportation if I don't work on your interview day. Adios.:beat:

UPDATED LIST
  • AL
  • CA
  • DC
  • FL
  • IL
  • KY
  • MA
  • MI
  • MO
  • MS
  • NY
  • OH
  • OR
  • PA
    • aaj117: (Female in Philly) i have an extra bedroom in my apt in S. philly, easy to get to UPenn, Jeff, Drexel, harder but still ok to get to temple.
  • RI
  • VA
  • TX
INTERNATIONAL
  • United Kingdom

UPDATED LIST
  • AL
    • mye: (Mobile/female/3 roommates) Minutes from South Alabama Med. Couch or air mattress, breakfast, possible transportation
  • CA
    • ZenDoc: (Davis/female/bf) guest bedroom, dog, good food, and "airport rides, etc."
    • Loxitane12: (UCSD, UCI) lodging 10 min from UCSD & about 1 hour from UCI, 15 min from Tijuana Mexico for after the interview, couch and possible transportation.
  • DC
  • FL
  • IL
    • dazlindz: (Hyde Park) Pritzker, futon, I'm a UofC student.
  • KY
  • MA
    • Aynsl156: (Boston/female) Harvard, Tufts, Boston University
  • MD
    • Textuality: (Baltimore/female/bf) shuttle in the morning that goes straight to Hopkins Med and pretty close to UMaryland Med..I think. air mattress, tips to get to there from the airport for about 4 dollars, either gender as long as I get to know you a little bit first, screen name is Thedrunkensong
  • MI
    • Bluesmurf314: (Ann Arbor/female) Couch, 10 minute walk to UMMS, females only
  • MO
  • MS
    • EM_Rebuilder: (Jackson/two dogs & friend) University of Mississippi
  • NY
  • OH
    • christof (Columbus/male/gf) simple breakfast, couch, either m/f is okay, a few blocks walk/bus from OSU Med.
  • OR
    • Vaulter: (Portland/female) OHSU, couch & breakfast, will show you around
  • PA
    • Erina: (Shadyside/female) Close to Pitt, pull-out couch, willing to show you around, and you can eat my food! PM me for verification.
    • benzene21: (female) 5 mins from Pitt, couch and breakfast
    • aaj117: (Philly/female) i have an extra bedroom in my apt in S. philly, easy to get to UPenn, Jeff, Drexel, harder but still ok to get to temple.
  • RI
  • TX
    • aggiesarah2007: (Houston/female) UT-Houston and Baylor
  • VA
INTERNATIONAL
  • United Kingdom

MDrunner: (Virginia Beach) I am minutes from EVMS and have a guest room if anyone would like to stay!

I just got an interview at EVMS, Sept. 26th. I booked a room at the Radisson Hotel, but I would really much rather stay with someone the night before (tues 25th) if possible. I've never been to Virginia either, so I think it would be fun. Let me know if your offer still stands! Thanks in advance!

~kim:D

UPDATED LIST
  • AL
    • mye: (Mobile/female/3 roommates) Minutes from South Alabama Med. Couch or air mattress, breakfast, possible transportation
  • CA
    • ZenDoc: (Davis/female/bf) guest bedroom, dog, good food, and "airport rides, etc."
    • Loxitane12: (UCSD, UCI) lodging 10 min from UCSD & about 1 hour from UCI, 15 min from Tijuana Mexico for after the interview, couch and possible transportation.
  • DC
  • FL
  • IL
  • KY
  • MA
  • MD
    • Textuality: (Baltimore/female/bf) shuttle in the morning that goes straight to Hopkins Med and pretty close to UMaryland Med..I think. air mattress, tips to get to there from the airport for about 4 dollars, either gender as long as I get to know you a little bit first, screen name is Thedrunkensong
  • MI
  • MO
  • MS
  • NY
  • OH
    • christof (Columbus/male/gf) simple breakfast, couch, either m/f is okay, a few blocks walk/bus from OSU Med.
  • OR
  • PA
    • Erina: (Shadyside/female) Close to Pitt, pull-out couch, willing to show you around, and you can eat my food! PM me for verification.
    • aaj117: (Philly/female) i have an extra bedroom in my apt in S. philly, easy to get to UPenn, Jeff, Drexel, harder but still ok to get to temple.
  • RI
  • TX
  • VA
    • emaj1n: Literally two blocks from Lewis Hall on the EVMS campus. Can provide Futon sofa in main living room in a two bedroom apartment (two male M1 students) during stay. Please email rather than PM.
INTERNATIONAL
  • United Kingdom

We seem to have a ton of people offering for UCLA... but I too can offer a couch, food, showing around, etc. I live in Westwood, and walk to campus every day. As stated before, this is also close to USC. I wouldn't recommend driving to Irvine from here, as traffic can be horrendous.

I'm a girl, for those that care :)

UPDATED LIST
  • AL
  • CA
  • DC
  • FL
  • IL
  • KY
  • MA
  • MD
  • MI
  • MO
  • MS
  • NY
  • OH
  • OR
  • PA
  • RI
  • TX
  • VA
    • emaj1n: Literally two blocks from Lewis Hall on the EVMS campus. Can provide Futon sofa in main living room in a two bedroom apartment (two male M1 students) during stay. Please email rather than PM.
  • WA
    • Fate408: (Seattle) 10 minutes from Univ. of WA, good bus/taxi transportation, have an extra bed, breakfast and can show you around Seattle
INTERNATIONAL
  • United Kingdom

Hello everyone, so I received my first interview today from Rosalind Franklin University. Im pretty excited but scared at the same time since I am not too experienced traveling alone (Im from Cali). Is anyone from this part of Chicago (north of downtown Chicago) offering a place to stay? As much as this will help financially, it will especially be more comfortable than being alone before my interview.

Female/21/Very considerate/need one night only and I will most probably only need a place from pm to 8am the next day.

Thanks in Advance!!

• AL
  • CA
    • SDbruin: (UCLA, USC) 5-10 min walk from UCLA. Couch, food, possible transportation/show you around.
  • DC
  • FL
  • IL
  • KY
  • MA
  • MD
  • MI
  • MO
  • MS
  • NY
  • OH
  • OR
  • PA
  • RI
  • TX
  • VA
  • WA
    • Fate408: (Seattle) 10 minutes from Univ. of WA, good bus/taxi transportation, have an extra bed, breakfast and can show you around Seattle
INTERNATIONAL
  • United Kingdom

I got an interview to Medical COllege of Wisconsin, and all of the M1 and M2 student lodging is gone

SO are all of the shuttles from the airport!

anyone reading this list near MC Wi, any lodging out there? I am from cali.
Even if you cannot provide lodging yourself, someone to help me get around and talk to if I get lost would help and then I could find a hotel.

• AL
  • CA
    • SDbruin: (UCLA, USC) 5-10 min walk from UCLA. Couch, food, possible transportation/show you around.
  • DC
  • FL
  • IL
  • KY
  • MA
  • MD
  • MI
  • MO
  • MS
  • NY
  • OH
  • OR
  • PA
  • RI
  • TN
    • dally1025: (Memphis) i work at UT so can provide transportation to the school in the morning. help yourself to the kitchen!
  • TX
  • VA
  • WA
INTERNATIONAL
  • United Kingdom

anyone near Vandy, I really don't want to spend $100 on a hotel for one night. PM me if you don't want to post

I'd be glad to house you if you have an interview near me in return.

Once we have an interview scheduled in the area is it okay to email the rest of our schools to see if we've been selected and can coordinate interviews? I'm flying from England, thus it would cost some astronomical amount :eek: to fly in separately for each... and waste a lot of time. What are you guys doing? Thanks

Once we have an interview scheduled in the area is it okay to email the rest of our schools to see if we've been selected and can coordinate interviews? I'm flying from England, thus it would cost some astronomical amount :eek: to fly in separately for each... and waste a lot of time. What are you guys doing? Thanks
Given your rather unique situation, I think it is perfectly acceptable to get in touch with schools near your interview school to ask if they will offer you an interview. In fact, some schools encourage this. Clearly, they would understand that it would cost you a lot to make the same trip twice.

Hey guys,

Just so you know - UC Irvine does have a formal host program if you ask for one. You contact the adcom, they let our host coordinator student know and that person finds you a first or second year to stay with.

This might be better than staying with a pre-med (no offense guys I think this thread is great - wish they had it last year) because you can talk to one of the med students plus they're probably going to campus in the morning and could give you a ride.

So I really encourage those of you needing a place to stay for Irvine (or any other school with a formal host program) to take advantage of the host program - you'll learn a lot more about the school.

I have an interview scheduled at St Louis University for this coming Tuesday. Can anyone please host me Monday night? It would be much appreciated! :oops:

Unfortunately I live at my parents, and they are trying to even get rid of me, let alone having people over. But i'd be more than glad to offer someone a ride to their school (if they're student housing) or their hotel/motel, and then to the school the next day. Atleast you'll save ~$60-$100 in cab costs. I work from 8-6, but I can always make exceptions and take a few hours off for a good cause. Hopefully my interviews will come up (one day) and somebody will give me a hand. ;o)
Male from Houston, TX by the way.

• AL
  • CA
  • DC
  • FL
  • IL
  • KY
  • MA
  • MD
  • MI
  • MO
  • MS
  • NY
  • OH
    • ryandote: Sorry-rescinded at wife's request.
  • OR
  • PA
  • RI
  • TN
    • dally1025: (Memphis) i work at UT so can provide transportation to the school in the morning. help yourself to the kitchen!
  • TX
  • VA
  • WA
INTERNATIONAL
  • United Kingdom

Last edited:
is there anyone at penn state who would be willing to host me on Tues, Oct 2nd for my interview on Oct 3rd? i would be really grateful!

Im in chicago, minutes from rush, loyola, uic, nu, u of c.
Depending on nite, would probably be able to offer a place to stay. Fyi- I have a very large Labrador Retriever.

Hey,

I'm going to be interviewing at UT Houston on October 11th. Any housing help would be greatly appreciated!! Please PM me.

I know Albany offers Wednesday night student housing, but if anyone here is able to house a male interviewee on Tuesday night, October 9th, I'd be forever grateful. My interview is on a Wednesday so the Wednesday night lodging doesn't really cover what I need.

i'm also looking for someone to stay with at penn state. i'm a female, arriving 10/22, leaving 10/23....help is much appreciated!

is there anyone by tulane that would be willing to let me stay with them on 10/9. My interview is on 10/10 and am flying out that evening. I would appreciate any help, thanks! Oh I am a 20 yr old male from houston.

is there anyone by tulane that would be willing to let me stay with them on 10/9. My interview is on 10/10 and am flying out that evening. I would appreciate any help, thanks! Oh I am a 20 yr old male from houston.

If you don't mind a student host, Tulane generally has student hosts available to put you up the night before your interview. You should check with them if you're interested.

I already tried and they did not have any student hosts available apparently due to exams that m1s and m2s have around then.

Just posting an update to my submission...

So my place IS definitely still available for interviewees who will be interviewing at Penn, Jefferson, Drexel, or Temple.

I actually live on Penn's Campus...and it is really easy to get to Jefferson and Temple from here.

It is pretty straightforward to get to Drexel as well.

I have a 1 bedroom apt with a futon/sleeper sofa in the living room (it is pretty comfy).

Let me know if you want to stay over.

Aynsl156 is staying over right now. So be sure to ask her for feedback on her stay

I'm near NYMC (20 mins by car, 30 or so mins by bus) and could possibly host, if you don't mind that you'd be staying at an on campus (at a local university) apartment and sleeping on an airmattress. I can also give info about the area, restaurants, things to do, public transportation etc. I've been living in the area for 3 years, and know the area quite well. Just PM me.

Looking for a place to stay for a penn state interview on Oct 5th! Either night of Oct 4 or after my interview on Oct 5 will be fine...I can always stay the second night at a hotel but providing me with at least one night will definitely be nice financially! :) Im a 21 year old female and very considerate. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.