Interview on same day help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cdon15

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received an email from Rutgers inviting me for an interview. Only problem is i already have an interview scheduled on the same day from NYIT. Is it unprofessional to ask Rutgers to change my interview date? If so should I reject NYIT and choose Rutgers?? Any insight would really be helpful

Members don't see this ad.

Ask Rutgers if there is another available date. Most schools have rounds of interviews and will most likely move you to the next. There are threads in the past with the same dilemma and schools will usually understand and move the date. Your interviews seem early in the application cycle so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I just received an email from Rutgers inviting me for an interview. Only problem is i already have an interview scheduled on the same day from NYIT. Is it unprofessional to ask Rutgers to change my interview date? If so should I reject NYIT and choose Rutgers?? Any insight would really be helpful
I have the same issue lol I already contacted NYIT and they told me its the only date for them. What times do you have??

Members don't see this ad :)
I have heard that many schools do this on purpose to make you choose. Its unfortunate.

I have heard that many schools do this on purpose to make you choose. Its unfortunate.
Yes, I see many interviews on this day. I can possibly make both if the NYIT interview isn't too long. If not, then I have to chose.

Yes, I see many interviews on this day. I can possibly make both if the NYIT interview isn't too long. If not, then I have to chose.

See if either school will offer a webcam interview

I have the same issue lol I already contacted NYIT and they told me its the only date for them. What times do you have??
I have November 9th. I contacted Rutgers in regards to moving my date, but have yet to hear back. If not then, I will try to do both.

I have November 9th. I contacted Rutgers in regards to moving my date, but have yet to hear back. If not then, I will try to do both.
yeah I do too, what time! ok let me know how that goes

Yes i got lucky. Rutgers moved my interview to December 6th.. Even though i have a feeling they will fill up spots by then
I'm gonna take my chances and do both the same day. They are three hours away. If I leave nyit at 11, I'll make it on time for Rutgers

I'm gonna take my chances and do both the same day. They are three hours away. If I leave nyit at 11, I'll make it on time for Rutgers
Good luck!! But if i can tell you one thing, I heard NYIT only has about 12 spots left (3+3 programs and other acceptances) so if you think you're on the cusp, I'd go to Rutgers due to the simple fact that they currently have more spots available and thus a higher chance of getting in. Just some advice.

Good luck!! But if i can tell you one thing, I heard NYIT only has about 12 spots left (3+3 programs and other acceptances) so if you think you're on the cusp, I'd go to Rutgers due to the simple fact that they currently have more spots available and thus a higher chance of getting in. Just some advice.
Yes I heard! Rutgers is my top choice for sure! I go to Rutgers now and would love to stay in Newark. It will be my first time going to South. I just want my options open and have some back up plans. What is your top choice or choices?

Reactions: 1 user
Yes I heard! Rutgers is my top choice for sure! I go to Rutgers now and would love to stay in Newark. It will be my first time going to South. I just want my options open and have some back up plans. What is your top choice or choices?
My top choice as of now is Thomas Jefferson but I've yet to visit NYIT, rutgers, seton hall, or kean.

My top choice as of now is Thomas Jefferson but I've yet to visit NYIT, rutgers, seton hall, or kean.
I also have two interviews on the same day (Widener and George Washington), I guess I will switch the date since that seemed to work for you. Jefferson is also my top, so I feel your pain. Really wishing they would tell me where I stand already. The waiting is killing me.

Have you heard back from those schools?
I Heard back from rutgers and nyit for interviews. Seton hall doesn't interview but i heard back. And kean is super slow right now

I Heard back from rutgers and nyit for interviews. Seton hall doesn't interview but i heard back. And kean is super slow right now
So you got accepted to seton hall already?