Interview Outfit Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulErDr

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm interviewing at my top choice Monday 11/13. I dropped my dry cleaning off earlier this week and went to pick it up today, but they are closed unexpectedly. So now I'm not sure what to do about an interview outfit. I don't have anymore suits, but I could possible do jacket and dress pants but I'm not sure if that's formal enough. I just feel like this is so unlucky that my top interview choice is here and this happens. If anyone has any suggestions they'll be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Unless you can buy a suit, get it tailored and pressed in a day, then you have no choice. I would suggest at the very least a pressed sports coat, nice pants, tie. I would also suggest as soon as you sit down, introduce yourself, and shake hands, I would say VERY BRIEFLY "forgive the somewhat casual sports coat but the dry cleaner that had my suit was unexpectedly closed and I had to make do." I believe in being transparent
Will do, thanks so much.

Also, double check for an emergency number on the door of the Dry Cleaner - sometimes there is one.

So I'm interviewing at my top choice Monday 11/13. I dropped my dry cleaning off earlier this week and went to pick it up today, but they are closed unexpectedly. So now I'm not sure what to do about an interview outfit. I don't have anymore suits, but I could possible do jacket and dress pants but I'm not sure if that's formal enough. I just feel like this is so unlucky that my top interview choice is here and this happens. If anyone has any suggestions they'll be greatly appreciated.

Are you interviewing near your family? See if they have some extras. Same with friends of a similar size. For some simpler items, you can look at a nearby Ross.

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors