Is Dark Purple Professional?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scimusicgirl

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm nowhere near close to the time when I will be interviewed for medical school, but I will definitely be other events in between that will require professional outfits. I have a grape colored suit. It's a hand-me-down from my mom that's in very good condition. The best colors to wear seem to be black, navy, and grey, but I don't really want my parents to spend money if they don't have to...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm assuming that you are female by your name. If that's the case, then purple, if its conservative, should be fine. Women get more leeway in terms of professional attire than men. If you are a man, then I wouldn't wear purple.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm nowhere near close to the time when I will be interviewed for medical school, but I will definitely be other events in between that will require professional outfits. I have a grape colored suit. It's a hand-me-down from my mom that's in very good condition. The best colors to wear seem to be black, navy, and grey, but I don't really want my parents to spend money if they don't have to...
Yolo fam...
mens-fashion-length-sage-seersucker-3-piece-suit-by-vinci-33ss-6-15.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
That photo or your profile pic would be good. If I were an adcom, I'd nominate you for sure.
Member when I posted that purple suit photo?
Yea...I member...

Reactions: 1 users
20161210_222118[1].jpg

Alright maybe specifying "grape" caused some confusion...but in any case here's a pic of the suit

Reactions: 2 users
There is no risk to wearing a color. It would be refreshing, in fact.
I feel like you might be in the minority if a guy wearing a safety orange blazer is just a nice change of pace!

But I was thinking something much more purple than the above picture

I feel like you might be in the minority if a guy wearing a safety orange blazer is just a nice change of pace!

But I was thinking something much more purple than the above picture
My personal goal is to come in looking like I was sidelined in the NBA.

Reactions: 1 user
That's a muted shade of plum that should be just fine assuming the cut is appropriate.

Remember to successorize!

32a0d86daea32b241d20a6f2800b20e0.jpg

Guys can totally wear purple.... if they're royalty....
I'm assuming that you are female by your name. If that's the case, than purple, if its conservative, should be fine. Women get more leeway in terms of professional attire than men. If you are a man, than I wouldn't wear purple.