Interview Portfolio: where do I buy it from?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shejeboshease

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
if they don't have it at the school campus store, where else I can get a nice interview portfolio?

Members don't see this ad.

It's certainly not a necessity to bring one (most schools will give you a folder), however, Levenger.com has some lovely portfolios. Any office supply store should also be able to hook you up.

Good luck!

So many pricey padfolios on that levenger site. I opted for a fairly cheap ($20) zip padfolio from office depot. If you search "samsonite padfolio" on google, itll lead you to the office depot link. I looked around staples and other places before I got this one but I couldnt find one that was simple and cheap enough while having a pad and a small area to put copies of my application in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't buy one. I didn't and I was fine... I think. Seriously, they give you a folder and their hasn't been anything worth writing down.

I brought one to my first interview and definitely didnt need it. They gave us a sheet for note-taking, and pens. I do plan on bringing it to subsequent interviews, just in case.

I got mine for about $10 from Office Depot, but I believe places like Target and WalMart have them for a bit less.

Good to know. I was just about to buy one before my interview-season starts.

I brought one to my first interview and definitely didnt need it. They gave us a sheet for note-taking, and pens. I do plan on bringing it to subsequent interviews, just in case.

I got mine for about $10 from Office Depot, but I believe places like Target and WalMart have them for a bit less.

I, ahem, "liberated" my mom's portfolio for my first interview, and it was really convenient for stuffing the odds and ends of papers we received, and for my own copies of my app/campus map, etc. Personally, I'd say it's something that's convenient enough to be worth $10 at Office Depot/Staples/Target, but not something I'd personally spend much more on (since I assume it'd then be collecting dust for the next 3-4 years).

Better yet, steal one from friends or family. :thumbup:

most (not all) schools will give you a folder. But make sure you have something to write on, b/c you need to write down at least the name of your interviewer(s). Having a leather folder just gave me something to hold on to and stick all of the things i had and needed to bring to the interview. I stuck a copy of my amcas and school secondary and all their interview info in it just to have. Also a good place to stick hotel and flight info. So, not necessary, but definitely helpful!