Interview Prep?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kobethegoat24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long are you guys preparing for interviews? I spent like 2 days preparing for my first interview and I feel like that's enough.

Members don't see this ad.

How long are you guys preparing for interviews? I spent like 2 days preparing for my first interview and I feel like that's enough.

Can I ask how you're preparing? I am clueless as to where I should start :(

Reactions: 1 users
Can I ask how you're preparing? I am clueless as to where I should start :(
I found this great sample question list on here someone posted. It has sample answers too so you have an idea of how to phrase your answers. So I am using this template and just researching about the school I am interviewing at to prepare. I still have my first interview coming up 8/21 so I will tell you if it was a good preparation material or not afterward lol.

Attachments

• Sample interviews template.docx
    33.9 KB · Views: 353
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I found this great sample question list on here someone posted. It has sample answers too so you have an idea of how to phrase your answers. So I am using this template and just researching about the school I am interviewing at to prepare. I still have my first interview coming up 8/21 so I will tell you if it was a good preparation material or not afterward lol.

Thank you so much! I appreciate you.

My first interview is on the 24th so I'd love your feedback on how your first one goes. Best of luck :)

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you so much! I appreciate you.

My first interview is on the 24th so I'd love your feedback on how your first one goes. Best of luck :)
You're welcome, I will let you know !

I have an interview next month. I hope the question list works out for everyone!

It's not just about the questions. Read up on corporate interview strategy. The business students use this.

Our Dean of Admissions suggest you think of it as a conversation. They want to get to know the real you, not something you've rehearsed or what you think they want to hear. Also most of it depends on the interviewer. Sometimes they can be in a bad mood and it doesn't matter what you say or do, the interview will just be rough. It took me three cycles to get accepted. I had interviewers that I could laugh with and interviewers that would rip me a new one. Just be yourself and show them what you're really made of.

Reactions: 2 users
Our Dean of Admissions suggest you think of it as a conversation. They want to get to know the real you, not something you've rehearsed or what you think they want to hear. Also most of it depends on the interviewer. Sometimes they can be in a bad mood and it doesn't matter what you say or do, the interview will just be rough. It took me three cycles to get accepted. I had interviewers that I could laugh with and interviewers that would rip me a new one. Just be yourself and show them what you're really made of.

very few people understand this
this is why my main tip is "relax and be yourself"

very few people understand this
this is why my main tip is "relax and be yourself"
Wow I really didn't think of it like this, I have actually been preparing by memorizing what i was gonna say and saying it to my self over and over again. Thank you both, I will try to just calm down and try to make it a smooth conversation.

Seriously just relax and be yourself. They want to know if you'll be a good fit in their program. If you're stiff/rigid and it comes off like your repeating memorized answers, you won't leave a good impression.

Definitely think of what you might say for the obvious questions like why you want to go to X school but if you're relaxed and think of ot as a conversation, it'll be easiest to answer the more uncommon questions they will ask

Reactions: 2 users
That's a good list of questions and I've had several of them asked during interviews. (OP) Make sure to focus on events regarding the deep personal ones. I wouldn't worry about what you might say, but instead think about the experience and how it made you feel. That way it should be easier to describe if asked during the interview. The most personal question I was asked is "What's the worst thing you've ever had to deal with?" I'm older with a kid who had severe struggles. As I was discussing her issues, and how it affected me as "mom", they really got to know the real me. I think that's what got me the invite to that school. So put some heart and soul into the answers you give.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you for sharing that. Really great answer thank you
That's a good list of questions and I've had several of them asked during interviews. (OP) Make sure to focus on events regarding the deep personal ones. I wouldn't worry about what you might say, but instead think about the experience and how it made you feel. That way it should be easier to describe if asked during the interview. The most personal question I was asked is "What's the worst thing you've ever had to deal with?" I'm older with a kid who had severe struggles. As I was discussing her issues, and how it affected me as "mom", they really got to know the real me. I think that's what got me the invite to that school. So put some heart and soul into the answers you give.