interview prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctortobe2012

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
alrighty, since some of us have interviews coming up in about a month, i was thinking it might be nice to start a thread where people can post advice about preparing for interviews (websites and books to look at, etc.)

Members don't see this ad.

pantsuits vs. skirt suits for women? I was reading in a Barron's guide to med schools that pantsuits are not appropriate??? this doesnt really make sense to me. are pantsuits not considered formal?????

SDN itself offers questions given by interview panels. For me I used them and practiced with my wife. Just remember not to over practice, because then it won't appear to be from the heart. However, you still want to act like you at least thought about the question sometime before he asked you. I never used any thing else. One big tip to remember though.....don't think you have to answer every question. If you can't answer, then tell them you can't answer it. If you can reason it, then try for it. Don't put yourself into a hole you can't get out of.

Members don't see this ad :)
pantsuits vs. skirt suits for women? I was reading in a Barron's guide to med schools that pantsuits are not appropriate??? this doesnt really make sense to me. are pantsuits not considered formal?????

Skirt suits for women are traditional and are considered more formal. In fields such as banking and law, skirt suits are much more appropriate for interviews.
As far as medical school goes, most people consider either skirt suits or pants suits to be acceptable. If you want to err on the side of caution... go skirt suit. That being said, if weather does not permit or you will be uncomfortable in a skirt, wear pants.

there are a few other threads addressing female interview attire, so i recommend you search for them. basically, from what i gathered, it doesn't matter. wear whatever you're most comfortable in.