Interview Preparation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shaqfu2019

D1 at University of Iowa
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all SDNers! I submitted by AADSAS application at the beginning of July and received a few interviews since that time. As school is rolling back again, I am also beginning to prepare for my interviews in which the first is mid-September. I have not done any interviews as important as the ones coming up shortly and was wondering how everyone prepared for the interviews. I did some research on the schools like their curriculum, extracurricular, and awards in addition to reviewing my thoughts on how to answer several important interview question. I was wondering how are the current or previous applicants approached this important step?
-Did you look at possible interview questions, made a bullet of the answers, and practiced with friends/family?
-What resources did you use and how did you approach the interview process?
-How were the expectations/reality of the actual interview?
-I have pretty decent stats but in the end how much will the interview weigh into my admissions chances?
Please DM me if anyone wants to set up a video mock interview!