Interview Preparation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vasanervo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an old IMG and have received only 2 interview invitations so far. I was wondering if it would be creepy to send emails individually to most or all of the faculty at the programs where I will be interviewing (making interesting comments about insights/knowledge gained from their papers, for instance). I am trying to highlight my commitment to Neurology and interest in the programs. I would appreciate your advice.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't do it, personally. Go interview and focus on making a good impression. You could come across as trying too hard in my opinion. Once the interview is done you can e-mail the faculty members you interviewed with as a thank you letter and express interest in what they do, etc.

I wouldn't do it, personally. Go interview and focus on making a good impression. You could come across as trying too hard in my opinion. Once the interview is done you can e-mail the faculty members you interviewed with as a thank you letter and express interest in what they do, etc.
Thanks. I appreciate the perspective.